Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Provided things end well in the fourth season, I'm fine with them wrapping up. I wonder though if they won't try to convince Nick to greenlight another Avatar series in the "modern day".

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

They could also try a prequel for an Avatar from several generations before Aang's era. The Universe of the franchise would really benefit from having its history and mythos enriched and expanded (something that has worked out terrifically for the ASOIAF series).

gunswordfist

What's ASOIAF?

I would not want to see a modern day Avatar. It would seem like too many other shows. I want them to animate all the good comics. They can put some of them into movies.

Also, I haven't heard too much to suggest that a series for another new Avatar wouldn't be possible.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 21, 2014, 03:31:58 PM
What's ASOIAF?

I would not want to see a modern day Avatar. It would seem like too many other shows. I want them to animate all the good comics. They can put some of them into movies.

Also, I haven't heard too much to suggest that a series for another new Avatar wouldn't be possible.
Aryan Sluts Ovulating In A Freezer

gunswordfist

Sounds like something on my hard drive.

Everybody, if you have Xbox Silver (or Gold), you can download the first episode of every Avatar and Korra season, excluding Book 3, off of Xbox Video right now! Since it'd take up too much space, I deleted enough space for at least one video so I can hit download, then delete it and just redownload the video whenever I can.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Abysmal Shit-wads Orchestrating Incest And Fucking

gunswordfist

Sounds like a shock plot device from an 80s comic.

Dr. Insomniac

Arya Slices Off Ilyn's Ass. Finally.

Avaitor

Able Sluts Offer Igloo Anal Frappes
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Nick has pulled the premieres of the last five episodes of Book 3. Episode 8 of the season will air as planned this friday, but the remaining episodes are no longer scheduled to air as planned. It is unknown when they will actually air at this point in time, but maybe they'll be clarification at it's Comic Con panel on Friday.

Things are not looking good for Korra. I wouldn't be surprised if they burn off season 4 on Nicktoons, at this point.

Spark Of Spirit

To be replaced with nothing, I'm sure.

Nick is just dropping the ball with everything.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

So apparently the remaining episodes will be "moving to digital," which I'm assuming just means they'll be uploaded on Nick's website without airing on tv at all.

....Fuck you, Nickelodeon.  :anger:

Peanutbutter

Whoever runs Nick is a moron. It'd be bad enough if it was only Korra, but you combine that with the Sam and Cat debacle and it's obvious a serious change-up is needed. How can Nick be this stupid?!   :wth:

What Talon said over at Toon Zone summed it all perfectly:

Quote'know what? Ladies and gentlemen, to truly understand how badly Nickelodeon has screwed up The Legend of Korra, we have to go back a little bit, to see how exactly we got here:

Mike & Bryan decide to announce a sequel series to their animated hit, Avatar: The Last Airbender, this time named "The Legend of Korra". Thanks to the worst movie ever made, Nick decides to pick it up as a 12-episode mini-series rather than as an actual series.
    But wait! The ratings of LoK showed people want more of it! So Nick renews the series after they finished making the 12 episodes, meaning that now they have to spend more than a year to make 12 all new episodes which put the series in an unbearable hiatus.
    The series comes back from a hell of a hiatus! To little fanfare and a new spot on television's deathslot: friday nights!
    After a season of plummeting ratings, 3 episodes of LOK's 3rd book gets leaked. Instead of doing the rational thing, Nick premiered Book 3 in the same deathslot with absolutely no promotion and not even putting the episodes online time!
    But now it is online! ALL the premiering episodes are now only available online! Thank you so much for your ineptitude, Nickelodeon! Thank you so much!

Daxdiv

This isn't dropping the ball, this is like dropping the ball while crossing a plank that could break any second over lava and that ball just happened to contain the medicine you needed to give someone to live. Good Job Nick.

Spark Of Spirit

They haven't treated Korra very well since the beginning. I guess they just hope something will give them good ratings without any effort on their part. As if everything works like Spongebob.

Of course, its an approach that isn't working for them at all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton