Co-Op

Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 03, 2011, 02:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

If you get grabbed by a Jockey in single-player, you might as well just restart the level.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on July 05, 2011, 08:49:39 PM
If you get grabbed by a Jockey in single-player, you might as well just restart the level.
I had one where I was caught by a smoker at 100% health and literally hung their until death with teammates being completely unwilling to help.

Single Player L4D is not a game to play on expert.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I want more games with a separate co-op mode from its one player story mode
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rosalinas Spare Wand

My PS3 brethren, will you answer the call and help me pillage dungeons and steal loot in Dragon's Crown next spring?

Daxdiv

Quote from: Desensitized on July 05, 2011, 09:05:18 PM
Quote from: Foggle on July 05, 2011, 08:49:39 PM
I had one where I was caught by a smoker at 100% health and literally hung their until death with teammates being completely unwilling to help.

Single Player L4D is not a game to play on expert.

Indeed, fuck Expert mode when it's only one guy.  I got slammed by a Charger while a Tank was around. How is that even remotely fair? I got ass raped by that.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on July 14, 2011, 09:50:56 PM
My PS3 brethren, will you answer the call and help me pillage dungeons and steal loot in Dragon's Crown next spring?
Looting through dungeons? That sounds like my kind of gaming!  :thumbup:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Can't believe I forgot to mention Sonic 2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and James Bond 007: Everything Or Nothing.

Sonic 2 is pretty much self-explanatory. Loved playing that with my oldest little brother. I was always Sonic, of course. :sly:

Everything Or Nothing and Chaos Theory reminds me why I love games with seperate co-op modes so much. That's a lot of fun and they had a good amount of focus on only being able to get past certain parts with co-op moves. The downside is they're both short and I believe both games multiplayer was unplayable for different reasons (CT, I didn't have online. Everything Or Nothing had a shitty arena style deathmatch where I believe players had to share one cam in a small area.) It was still great to have gotten both of these titles at the same time. One of the best purchases I've ever had.

gunswordfist

Can I please get a list of co-op games for 360, including backwards compatible Xbox games. I'm trying to get a few of these games through goozex.

Foggle

Borderlands 1 & 2
Resident Evil 5 & 6
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, Reach
Gears of War 1 - 3
Doom 1 - 3 & Resurrection of Evil
Duke Nukem 3D
Serious Sam HD: The First & Second Encounter, 3: BFE
Portal 2
Saints Row 2 & The Third
Shank
Dark Souls
Torchlight 2 (eventually)
Minecraft

All I can think of at the moment.

Eddy

Some others I can think of:

Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Dead Rising 2: Case West
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
The Simpsons Arcade Game
Double Dragon Neon
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Castle Crashers
Dead Island
ilomilo (local only)
Splosion Man
Ms. Splosion Man
X-Men

gunswordfist

Thanks. Glad I got Reach two days ago.

I didn't know Doom 3 had co-op. Might make me not want to avoid it.

Definitely want X-Men.

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on September 16, 2012, 11:11:54 AM
Castle Crashers
Alien Hominid as well. And Metal Slug 3 & XX.

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 16, 2012, 11:20:47 AM
I didn't know Doom 3 had co-op. Might make me not want to avoid it.
Only the Xbox port has co-op for some reason. PC version does not.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the Left 4 Dead games. They are pretty much built off the concept of co-op.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 16, 2012, 11:59:42 AM
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the Left 4 Dead games. They are pretty much built off the concept of co-op.
They were the third thing I listed.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Huh? I guess I missed that.