The Powerpuff Girls

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Good. Now everyone else follow suit.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

What convinced her to leave? Can't be the show's quality, since if that were the case, she wouldn't have filmed a pilot in the first place. Article said "scheduling conflicts", but she was already working on this in the first place. If the pilot was picked up, she would've been booked doing this show for months.

Daxdiv

She might have made a smart career move right there, but I also wonder what made her leave the project in the first place.

Dr. Insomniac

Grapevines on Twitter are suggesting Marvel asked her if she wanted to play her AoS character again in one of the Disney+ shows, and she decided to do that instead of spend time refilming the PPG pilot.

Peanutbutter

Likely Marvel outbid CW in giving her more money, and its a small possibility she saw the writing on the wall of how bad the PPG pilot will be. Can't blame her, really.

Daikun

Avaitor

Are we sure, though? Doesn't Berlanti have a deal with HBO Max? This could just as likely move there.

Oh, this is random, but I know someone who helped strike (production term for break down) the first pilot's set, and from what he says, it sounds like they hired the least experienced people to work on the show that you could imagine. The sets were way too easy to knock out, and were loaded with shoddy woodwork.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

It's still in development. :whuh:

QuoteIs Powerpuff officially dead? – Jasper
I am assured that The CW's live-action adaptation of the Powerpuff Girls, after coming in last spring "too campy" (and which definitely no longer costars Chloe Bennet), is still in some stage of redevelopment.

Dr. Insomniac

Peanutbutter

Genndy AND Craig are both back at Cartoon Network. If that's not a good sign, I don't know what is!  :swoon:

Newer PPG reboot should be better than the hot mess we had last time. Not sure about Foster's being preschool this time yet....  :??:

Avaitor

I think Foster's as a preschool show sounds like a good idea, tame the cruel edges that makes the original hard to watch. Unless the new show doubles down on Bloo's obnoxiousness and makes him go full Caillou.

Maybe if these do well enough, they'll okay Galactic Kids Next Door and the Billy & Mandy movie Atoms wanted to do.

New blog!