The Powerpuff Girls

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

I was never the hugest fan of PPG in the first place, to be honest. It's good, I don't think it's great or anything like that. Plus, I got burned out on Mojo appearing in nearly every episode.

Avaitor

I don't think Mojo was THAT overdone, honestly. Not compared to Drakken and Shego in Kim Possible, anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Finally, a promo for the special.

I dunno about you guys, but the animation feels a little off to me for everyone besides the girls themselves. Mojo's design feels wrong to me as well. Looks fun though, so we'll see.

Silverstar

I saw the trailer; the animation looks like a cut scene from a video game, like PlayStation 1 era.

This, no McCracken and yet another Mojo focused story. The more I see of this special, the less enthusiastic I am for it.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Lord Il

Quote from: Silverstar on December 22, 2013, 08:39:53 AM
I saw the trailer; the animation looks like a cut scene from a video game, like PlayStation 1 era.
I'm actually glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

And besides not having Craig McCracken at the helm anymore, what's bothering me the most in that promo is the character design re-invention.. ugh... It'll take some getting used to.

On the upside, apparently the same voice cast will be returning.

Goldstar

Why even make the special in CGI if you're not going to spend the extra money for good CGI?
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

King Hippo

I view this special as CN trying to test the waters to see whether it would be worth their while to revive their most successful Cartoon Cartoon.

I remember back in high school how Powerpuff Girls merchandise was freaking EVERYWHERE.

Avaitor

Yeah, but did it ever sell? I honestly don't remember seeing anyone, girl or boy, with much PPG merch.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

I saw a number of Powerpuff Girl backpacks and whatknot, so yes it did.

Spark Of Spirit

The show was big with kids, teenagers who had problems admitting it, and adults as well. It spread the demos pretty well.

CN squandered a really good thing, in my opinion.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

King Hippo

They made a theatrical movie two years later than they should have. It was dark and moody and for some bizarre reason was forbidden to be played after 3pm.

Plus the post-movie episodes really were total shit.

PPG were always second to DBZ during that period.

Commode

Yeah, PPG was a big merch train in the early 2000s.  I think Spongebob kind of edged them out after a couple years though, by around 2003-2004 they were done.

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Lord Il

Just recently saw 'Twas the Fight Before Christmas movie. Can't believe it took about ten years for me to finally see it. Having not watched PPG in years, this was a real treat!

Commode

Yeah, it's been on Boomerang a lot the last few weeks.

On another note, I really wish Cartoon Network/Boomerang would drop the Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer special.  It was fucking horrible the first time it aired, it's still fucking horrible all these years later.  Take the hint Turner.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.