The Powerpuff Girls

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

CN just can't let go of it, can they?

The show is over. Done. Kaput. Stop trying to bring it back. It's a fully decomposed horse carcass. Just leave it alone.

gunswordfist

I wouldn't mind if they did it right.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: superfluidity on June 16, 2014, 08:47:10 PM
I've been lurking on here (and prior to that, TZ) on-and-off for a while now, but thanks!
I'd like to welcome you to the forum, as well.  :el_hail:

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 16, 2014, 09:11:25 PM
I wouldn't mind if they did it right.

Same.

Also, welcome to the forum superfluidity!  :e_hail:

talonmalon333

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on June 16, 2014, 11:00:32 AMThe Powerpuff Girls are getting a whole new series set to premiere in 2016.

The PPGs potential redesigns for the new series were posted on CN's Bulgarian newsletter.

I approve! :thumbup:

Peanutbutter

That special with the different animation was actually pretty good, so I'm open to a new PPGs series as long as it runs smoothly. No matter what though, I imagine Craig and his wife aren't going to be too happy about this.

Daikun

The first pilot aired 20 years ago today.

gunswordfist

happy birthday blossom, bubbles and buttercup!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nameless

So CN is recasting the leading roles - Kristen Li will be taking over from Tara Strong as Bubbles, I don't know who is taking on Blossom and Buttercup.

I dislike the idea on principle, and even more so now that I know that CN didn't even ASK Strong, Cavadini and Daily if they wanted to reprise the roles.

The last quarter-century or so of cartoons have not given birth to many evergreen characters (SpongeBob being the biggest exception of course), but if PPG has enough cachet to be revived now, why couldn't CN respect the characters and offer their traditional VAs a chance to come back? Mel Blanc was Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck and many of his other characters until he died or could otherwise no longer perform them. Same with Daws Butler and Yogi Bear, Elroy Jetson, et al. Same with Don Messick and Boo Boo and Muttley and Astro and Scooby-Doo. June Foray is STILL Rocky.

I do think the people who currently run CN have shown signs that they've slipped into that Nickelodeon trap of valuing intellectual property over those who create it, and it's a painful thing to watch.

(Also, much as I love Strong, it is a bit irksome that a lot of people don't realize she wasn't the original Bubbles - Kath Soucie was)

Spark Of Spirit

Disney's doing the same thing with DuckTales. I honestly don't know why they do things like that. There can't be much to simply keeping the same actor to the same role for as long as it's feasible to do.

I'm not really looking forward to this either way, and this news doesn't help.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

I'm still on board as long as this is written well. Could be CN assumed Tara Strong would be too wrapped up with MLP. Blossom's actress retired a while ago if I remember right, so that probably had something to do with this.

Avaitor

It's voice acting though. No one is too busy to do just one role.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nameless

Quote from: Peanutbutter on June 08, 2015, 09:10:32 PM
I'm still on board as long as this is written well. Could be CN assumed Tara Strong would be too wrapped up with MLP. Blossom's actress retired a while ago if I remember right, so that probably had something to do with this.

Cathy Cavadini is still active as an actress.

You're thinking of Christine Cavanaugh, who actually died last year.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Nameless on June 08, 2015, 09:36:37 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on June 08, 2015, 09:10:32 PM

Cathy Cavadini is still active as an actress.

You're thinking of Christine Cavanaugh, who actually died last year.

No, I remember it saying Cavadini, I know the difference with them.