Whatever Happened to ... Robot Jones?

Started by FoxKidsLover16, May 28, 2018, 09:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxKidsLover16

Let's have a thread for this series. I remember seeing a few episodes back then (I remember there being a rubik cube one) and thought it was pretty good. I liked the old school style it had (It felt like a 70s cartoon) and it had potential to go on longer, but it sadly never did. I haven't seen it in a while, but I do remember liking the few episodes it had.

Fun fact

The last time "Robot Jones" aired on Cartoon Network was during a show called "The Cartoon Cartoon Show", which was like a retirement home for the Cartoon Cartoons that had left the network (Aside from that and Top 5), mixed with (at the time) current faves like Codename: Kids Next Door and Camp Lazlo. Do you guys remember Robot Jones airing on "The Cartoon Cartoon Show" in 2005 and such?

If you want a reminder of who he was, here's this pic

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dr. Insomniac

I liked the Schoolhouse Rock style it was going for, but that was years back. Don't know if it holds up now.

FoxKidsLover16

I find it strange that the show aired on "Cartoon Cartoon Show" and was on CN Video at one point, but it doesn't have an official release.

What makes Cartoon Network not want to release it on DVD, iTunes, Amazon, or Hulu?

Avaitor

Meh, they're still skimping on more popular shows. I don't think Cow & Chicken has anything either, for instance.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Great article! Robot Jones was definitely a weird, interesting oddity with surprising social commentary, and it would've been interesting to see where it would've gone if it had stuck to Greg Miller's original vision and followed through to the apocalyptic ending. Even though I haven't seen it in a long time, the show was so distinct and unlike anything else airing on CN at the time that I still vividly remember some episodes, particularly the rubix cube one. The show was definitely a victim of the time it came out and the network's apathy, and I agree it could've been bigger if it had come out maybe a decade later since tonally it fits in closer with the likes of Regular Show than KND. I feel the same way about Sheep in the Big City too. Though at the same time, I do enjoy how humorously ironic it is that because it was such a blip in CN's history we can genuinely wonder "Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?"  :D