Cyma Zarghami steps down.

Started by Daikun, June 09, 2018, 05:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

This news is a few days old, but this news was way more important than I expected.

Cyma Zarghami steps down as Nickelodeon's president of over 20 years.

Apparently, this news is a big deal since she has received criticism over the years for bad scheduling, being hard to work with, and mistreating anything that wasn't SpongeBob.

It looks like a new era may be ahead for the network. Or maybe the new boss will be like the old one. Who knows. :??:

EDIT: PieGuyRulz made a video with way more info than I provided in this post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozg_GtEa0Xg

Dr. Insomniac

I know it's a fringe theory, but it's interesting to consider if there's a connection between this and Dan Schneider's departure a couple months ago.

Peanutbutter

Wouldn't surprise me if Viacom didn't finally cut her loose so they could throw her under the bus in regards to Schneider. I mean, from what the creator of the Constant Payne pilot said, there was a laundry list going back at least a decade full of reasons to fire her. Yet it's only recently she's shown the door?

Daxdiv

Reading Trafon/Rise & Fall of Nick on Twitter going into detail about this is really something. I still can't help but wonder how many Nicktoons would have been alive/around for much longer if she wasn't so insistent on having shows reach Spongebob levels of popularity right off the bat. Seeing all this kinda justifies Greenblatt being angry over the cancellation of Harvey Beaks. Kinda being the keyword here. I still think he took Chowder way too hard.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 09, 2018, 05:02:59 PM
I know it's a fringe theory, but it's interesting to consider if there's a connection between this and Dan Schneider's departure a couple months ago.

Wouldn't surprise me since it does feel odd that even among live action shows, Schneider's output seemed to last longer than most of the other Nick's live action kidcoms. I noticed that some people pointed out that shows like Bella & the Bulldogs only lasted for 2 seasons, that weird School of Rock show lasted for 3, while most of his shows seem to make it to at least 4 Seasons, with some exceptions. Also, I still find it funny that people left due to her trying to push Victoria Justice over Ariana Grande.

Peanutbutter

One of the guys that was behind All That and Dan Schneider's shows? Hmmmm.

Daikun

Robbins revealed his future plans for Nickelodeon at Viacom's Spark panel:

-Get more Animated Shorts made and hire more Artists for future Nicktoons.
-Eliminate the "Executive" disconnect with the Animation studio.
-Destroy the Nicktoons Death Treatment and give shows time to grow. No more lofty expectations of instant SpongeBob levels of success.

Avaitor

I like how a lot of this sounds, albeit more from a business standpoint, as little of the show concepts appeal to me. But I'm not in the target demographic, so it doesn't really matter if I'm interested in the shows or not. I just want to know when the Rocko and Zim specials are arriving.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Well, those are very good ideas if he's serious about implementing them. A few of their news shows sound more interesting the usual shlock they've been having so I'll be keeping an eye out for them when they start. Kind of have a good feeling about Robbins at the moment but I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic.