Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Is SFV's story essentially Street Fighter Alpha once more? As in refusing to take place after III again?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

There's a theory that Charlie is being controlled by the Illuminati due to the jewel on his forehead that looks like Gill's and Urien's. Boy, I felt silly saying that sentence. :sweat:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Mortal Kombat X may have microtransaction fatalities, but it'll never have

Rosalinas Spare Wand

You should show them the Senran Kagura pack that costs nearly as much as the game.

gunswordfist

I can't wait to see what Street Fighter V character is announced next.  :)

gunswordfist

Foggle better main Akuma in Tekken 7.

Foggle

They haven't announced Miguel, Nina, or Raven yet, so I honestly might. :il_hahaha:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My older brother is a big fighting game fan and he's saving up for a PS4, so I'll probably get to play both T7 and SF5 with him when both of those come out (if he's gotten his console by then).

gunswordfist

*jealous* Next year is going to be HUGE for PS4. Sony is tearing it up, especially after their impossible E3.

Foggle

Yeah, there are like 15 PS4 games I want coming out next year. It's absolutely ridiculous.

gunswordfist

I lost track, myself.  :D

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Is anyone playing the Street Fighter beta right now? My laptop doesn't meet the minimum requirements and I don't have a PS4 but overall impressions show that its so much better than SF4, as far as visceral combat and speed go.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, the other day when we had some time to kill, a friend and I were conversing about dream crossover fighting game ideas, specifically with Capcom as a central basis. We came up with collaborated lists of 25 characters each that we'd like to see from various franchises (including some he picked from series that I'm not all that familiar with), such as Marvel (with a dream MCV4 in mind), DC, Sega, Nintendo, and Shonen Jump, for example. To be clear, these choices were based purely on personal preference rather than making a balanced list of characters solely based on how iconic they are. Here is what we came up with together for Capcom and Shonen Jump in particular.

Capcom:

Street Fighter- Ryu, Sakura, Ibuki, Akuma

Devil May Cry- Dante, Vergil, Nero, Lady, Trish

Mega Man- Mega Man (X and Proto Man as alternate skins with the same move set to still count as one character), Zero

Power Stone- Wang-Tang, Falcon, Ryoma

Bionic Commando- Nathan Spencer

Resident Evil- Leon S. Kennedy, Claire Redfield, Albert Wesker

Final Fight- Guy

Asura's Wrath- Asura, Yasha

Ace Attorney- Phoenix Wright

Onimusha- Jubei

Strider- Strider Hiryu

Viewtiful Joe- Joe

Shonen Jump:

Dragon Ball- Son Goku (Son Gohan as an alternate skin; both adult form), Piccolo, Freeza, Future Trunks

Rurouni Kenshin- Kenshin Himura, Hajime Saito, Yukihira Enishi

Yu Yu Hakusho- Yusuke Urameshi, Kurama, Genkai, Sensui

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Jonothan Joestar, Jolyne Kujo, Dio Brando

Hunter X Hunter- Killua Zoldyck, Meruem

One Piece- Monkey D. Luffy, Portgas D. Ace (Sabo as alternate skin), Sir Crocodile

My Hero Academia- Midoriya Izuku

Dr. Slump- Arale

Gintama- Gintoki

Saint Seiya- Seiya

Sakigake!! Otokojuku- Momotaro Tsurugi

Fist of the North Star- Kenshiro

So as you can see, not very balanced lists. Not a ton of villains, and not a ton of female characters either (though, to be fair, strong female characters are a weakness of most WSJ series). But like I said, it's just a dream list based on what we most wanted to see, while still trying to keep a reasonable character count in mind, in the fashion of pretending that a game was actually being made. Otherwise we could have easily made lists of over 50 characters for each franchise.

If anyone else is interested, I can post up the other lists that we came up with, but my friend had a lot more input on those than I did.

Spark Of Spirit

I've thought of a good roster for a crossover game, though even that was a hard roster to think up despite how simple I thought it would be. So I mostly used roster examples from the Jump fighting games that have been out since the DS.

Shonen Knockdown! Jump Vs. Sunday! A crossover fighting game of the shonen giants.

A crossover fighting game that includes characters going back to some of the most memorable characters from each of companies. Of course since its a newer game it would have to have characters from newer series. I tried to keep selections from big series thinner in order to have more of them, though it was difficult just because of how much more popular some series are to others. I also included a handful of more obscure stuff from artists who would do bigger things (like Mitsuru Adachi) whose more popular characters wouldn't work in a game like this. I'm sure someone else could do a better list, but since this is basically a "never gonna happen" game, I went all out. If you want to know why I chose Sunday and Jump it's only because I know more about them compared to other companies.

So, here's what I came up with:

Shonen Jump

Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
Son Goku (Dragon Ball)
Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
Killua Zoldyck (Hunter X Hunter)
Jotaro Kujo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Kankichi Ryotsu (Kochikame)
Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Toriko (Toriko)
Kuga Yuma (World Trigger)
Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Hidden: Son Goku (Kid) (Dragon Ball)

Shonen Sunday

Arata Hinohara (Arata: The Legend)
Joe Shimamura (Cyborg 009)
Skull/Black Ghost (Cyborg 009/Skull Man)
Recca Hanabishi (Flame of Recca)
Reiko Mikami (Ghost Sweeper Mikami)
Hayate Ayasaki (Hayate the Combat Butler)
Inuyasha (Inuyasha)
Yoshimori Sumimura (Kekkaishi)
Kenichi Shirahama (Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple)
Aladdin (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
Alibaba Saluja (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
Shichimi (Niji Iro Togarashi)
Ranma Saotome (Ranma ½)
Ushio Aotsuki (Ushio & Tora)
Tora (Ushio & Tora)
Kiyo Takamine & Zatch Bell (Zatch Bell)
Kaoru Akashi (Zettai Karen Children)
Hidden: Lum Invader (Urusei Yatsura)

For the hidden characters on each side, I basically took the main characters from the series that made each company. Just because I think they would have made the best choice. And yes, it's not complete and there are series missing, but its impossible to do one of these and catch every character while keeping the roster cleanly split. I also added characters I might not care for but which are unavoidable for a game like this trying to include the most iconic for the companies involved and mainstream penetration beyond only fans. Nonetheless, if this was ever close to the roster of a fighting game, I'd be sure to check it out ASAP.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great lists. I was also thinking that a big publishing company would have a nice selection of characters. Take Kodansha, for example. From them you could get characters like Eikichi Onizuka, Joe Yabuki, and Thorfinn, who'd all be perfect for a fighting game, and there are still many more characters to choose from.