Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Honestly, I dig the overall look of SSJ4. As dumb as people think the look is I've been sort of attached to the look since Dragon Ball GT Final Bout, but to keep from having duplicates I'd rather have SSJ4 Gogeta.

Nappa Trailer
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

Ginyu trailer

I hope this game will be lit (as kids put it these days)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3

All I can say is wow. Even though I don't particularly care for NRS, Ed Boon is doing his thing. Props to Injustice 2's success. He's listening to his supporters (in terms of balancing) and the way he's handling the costumes, major props.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Gotenks, Kid Buu, and Adult Gohan confirmed for Dragon Ball FighterZ: https://gematsu.com/2017/11/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-gotenks-kid-buu-adult-gohan

Personally I would have taken Hit over Kid Buu, but I can't complain too much about the other two.

Mustang

I actually would've preferred Kid Buu over Majin Buu.

Of the 3 characters announced I'm actually interested in Gohan. Of all the characters introduced so far I find him (considering how he's described) to be the most interesting. He sounds a bit like Order-Sol.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Personally, I prefer Majin Buu both for his personality and more unique and varied range of attacks. In comparison, Kid Buu always felt comparatively more underwhelming and predictable as far as DB villains go.

That Gotenks ability to play Volleyball using your opponent as the actual ball and with the assist animations changing depending on who's in your party sounds really interesting to me. I would love to see some gameplay footage of that.

Spark Of Spirit

Called all three of them. Glad my go-to team of Future Trunks, Krillin, and Adult Gohan is now officially confirmed.

I always knew they were going to have both Buus because they are technically different characters. There's no sense just using one of them when you can get two different movesets out of the pair. It's not really an either/or situation when you can have both.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Also, the rumor is that these are the final characters to be revealed:

QuoteThe rest of the default roster is Gotenks, Roshi, Mystic Gohan, Kid Buu, Raditz and Android 21 (including her since no gameplay as been shown of her and some people question if she's playable or not - she is). The 8 DLC characters will be released over 16 months, two months in between each character, the first being available at launch.
Obviously, this was rumored before this reveal.

And this is the DLC:

QuoteThe 8 DLC characters actually are Goku (Ultra Instict), Vegeta (Ultra Instinct), Broly, Zamasu (with Goku Black), Beerus, Hit, Kefla and Jiren (with Pride Troopers). I don't know what order they'll be released in, except that Goku UI is the first one.
If that's the final line up, then color me surprised. Not sure I completely buy the DLC part, but as a whole it's a pretty solid roster. There aren't really any big missing characters.

Except Kid Goku and Vegitto. They really should have been considered.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Sweet, so happy that all 3 made it. I just need Hit, Jiren and the Goku Black/Zamasu duo to make it.
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 16, 2017, 04:06:29 PM
Called all three of them. Glad my go-to team of Future Trunks, Krillin, and Adult Gohan is now officially confirmed.

I always knew they were going to have both Buus because they are technically different characters. There's no sense just using one of them when you can get two different movesets out of the pair. It's not really an either/or situation when you can have both.
Thank you.
And Goddammit at that Vegeta spoiler. :srs:

Mustang

I guess if anything, when it comes to Buu I was hoping for something not normal, like what's been seen in other dbz games. If Majin Buu was never revealed at the beginning and I had a choice for 1 I'd rather it'd have been Buuhan (just to spice things up). It's not really a big deal or anything, but kinda wishing they conserved some slots for other characters  :)

With that said, Ultra Instinct Goku/Vegeta? I've actually seen another rumor saying something along the lines of it being their base forms (Saiyan Saga) and there was somewhat of an uproar over it.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

So how good is the online play on 2DS? This seems like the only legal way I can finally play Alpha 2 with other humans.

Mustang

Alpha 2? As in Street Fighter Alpha 2? I was not aware that it was on the 2/3DS. My guess is as good as yours when it comes to portables. I gotta imagine not many play on them. I've never tried it myself but when it comes to the oldies, if it's not a HD update or something of that nature I'd say give Fightcade a whirl.

Gotenks trailer. I'm sure most have seen it already, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

To end this on a sour note. A good way to kill my interest in any fighting game is NERF's. I can't stand them, and I don't know what's up with people these days, but no one wants to figure out anything anymore. If something's too good NERF it. If a character can't be beat NERF them. It's not my fault that my favorites are high/top tier. I certainly don't care if you're a low tier hero. Stop asking for nerfs and start asking for buffs. I understand its for balance purposes, but check this ish (MvCI patch notes) out. Look at Dante and then look at everyone else. This is why I can't stand nerfs because they go overboard (especially now that Combofiend left Capcom USA). It's bad enough the game flopped, but for those that enjoy the game don't neuter their characters they took so much time to learn. And then it pisses me off even more cause you have people saying something stupid like "#### Dante".

To pour more salt on the wound this was the last thing I wanted to see in the game and it looks better than the default costume.

I am very worried about Street Fighter 5. Execution-heavy characters like Karin, Urien, Ibuki are at risk of being butchered which is crazy because you have 1 or 2 people that're making these characters work. So salty right now.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

Apparently Alpha 2 does not have online play. :srs:
I am so happy with the Gotenks trailer! I love him crazy animation and I wanted to see him use the ghosts so badly.

Mustang

I don't know how to do that twitter embedding stuff, but Joey Cuellar (Mr. Wizard) dropped quite a bombshell. 1st off I think EVO 2018 is going back to Mandalay Bay in August, but this time instead of the 9 game lineup it's going to be 7. No word on what games will be there though.

If I had a guess

Street Fighter 5
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Smash 4
Injustice 2
Tekken 7

Smash 4 might actually be a question mark (Smash crowd have their own Evo). And then I'm loss when it comes to the 7th game. BlazBlue Tag Battle could have that slot but that all depends on when that comes out (we know next year just don't know when next year). There are rumors about a MK11 so that could very well put Injustice 2 in jeopardy of having a spot. Unfortunately Guilty Gear Xrd is dying. Killer Instinct also have their own Evo as well. Hard to say.

Personally, I'd love to see either a USF4, SF3 or CvS2 resurgence.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol