Archer

Started by Avaitor, July 11, 2011, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Oh thank God, I was really afraid they were going to end it with him still in that coma. As entertaining as the different genres might be, they should end it in the real world.

Avaitor

I kind of wanted the show to end this season honestly, but at the same time, I really like this idea for the next year. I've been enjoying the show's genre flips to varying degrees over the past couple of seasons and agree that the spy formula was getting a little stale, but now does seem like a good time to go back to it. I hope it comes back with a renewed sense of energy for the show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Avaitor

It's very unfortunate news. no question about it.

But I'll be honest- her voice was pretty off in the most recent series. I wasn't sure if there was a problem with her recording system, but she sounded very coarse throughout. Still, even at her roughest, Jessica Walter is funnier than just about anyone.

Also, it sounds like Malory should be a part of season 12. Good. Losing Woodhouse is one thing, but Malory is a loss I don't think Archer could recover from.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Ugh, I hate that this happened but it's not a surprise. 'Tis the pitfall of any show when it goes on for a decade plus. The Simpsons staff were quite lucky that Marcia Wallace lasted as long as she did before her sudden passing.

Good to hear they're not going to recast her. They might have gotten a heads-up from her that she wasn't doing well. Woodhouse was a good character but he wasn't as integral to the show as Mallory is. Assuming they haven't announced yet, I wonder who they get to fill the role now?