SUDA 51 and Grasshopper Manufacure

Started by Eddy, July 15, 2011, 12:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Eddy

I got around to playing the demo for Mine Sora. I don't think I'll buy it at full price (the bullet hell type shoot em ups aren't really my thing) but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it goes on sale sometime.

Foggle

WHAT THERE'S A DEMO NOW

Is it on PSN or do I need to hook the Xbox up to my router again?

Spark Of Spirit

All XBLA games have a demo.

I have no idea if the demo's on PSN, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

WHAT THE GAME ALREADY CAME OUT

Why was I not informed? :(

Eddy

Yeah, it took me by surprise too. I had no idea it was out until just yesterday.

He also has another arcade game out now called Diabolical Pitch. Unfortunately, it requires Kinect to play (and I don't have Kinect). I wish I did because it looks awesome.

Foggle

So now Kinect has two, count 'em, TWO good games! Totally worth buying!

Eddy

Foggle

That was fucking spectacular. Truly no one else does it like Suda.

Foggle

Yamaoka has implied that Black Knight Sword and other future Grasshopper titles will "probably" be coming to Steam (not Lollipop Chainsaw, though). Excellent news for any and all PC gamers. ;D

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 25, 2012, 11:19:24 PM
Actual gameplay footage of Lollipop Chainsaw!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p5oi2pWycsE

Amazing.
I know I'm alone here when it comes to this game but... that is exactly what I was expecting it to be.

Not impressed. Sorry.  :-[
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

This is exactly what I expected it to be, too: Suda51 unleashing another dose of his awesomeness upon this unworthy world. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

I mean, it's exactly what I thought it would be back when it was first announced. It doesn't really have any Suda-esque elements to it at all. In fact, it looks like a beat em up version of Monster Madness only with narrow corridors.

The final game might be much different but that really didn't change my mind.

Foggle

It looks exactly like No More Heroes but with a female protagonist and zombies to me. ???

Obviously, much of the charm is going to come from the dialogue (which is untranslated here) and the increasing insanity of the level design, as in NMH and Shadows of the Damned.