"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, July 15, 2011, 02:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

IT ALL ENDS.

"Harry Potter... The boy who lived... Come to die." - Lord Voldemort

Release Date: 7/15/11
Studio: Warner Bros/Heyday Films
Director: David Yates
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 (Super 35)
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, John Hurt, Jason Isaacs, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, David Thewlis, Julie Waters

Plot Summary: In Part 2 of the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the Wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here.

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #145

Harry Potter Franchise (1996-2011) "AVADA KEDAVRA!!!"

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I had actually tried to get tickets for the midnight premiere as early as last weekend, and then I found out that every midnight showing at every theatre in my area was already completely sold out. So, I can at least say that this movie has pretty much already made its money.

I'll have to check this movie out later on when I'm in Kentucky, though now I may not get a chance to for at least another week.

I think that by now people have already decided their stance on this series (I would hope so given that they had 7 books and movies to do so). I do think it was a good decision to split the final book into 2 movies, rather than having 1 movie that crams a shit-ton of material into 1 long film that would feel horribly rushed all the way through. Now we have 2 separate films covering more material at a much better pace, and at more comfortable lengths (I believe this one clocks in at just over 2 hours, which is the perfect length for it, IMO).

Overall, I pretty much already know what to expect. I'll probably like this film quite a bit. It won't be anything that'll blow me away as none of the other films did, but it'll keep me entertained for sure.

Commode

I'm gonna try and go see it later today.  I'm thinking if I go to the theater on base I shouldn't have too much issue with crowds, but we'll see.

Also lol at your talkback replacement on tz.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Lord Dalek

Saw it back to back with part I last night. Trust me guys, you're in for a treat.

And yes that TZ talkback is truly a disaster isn't it?

Avaitor

Yeah, I tried to go to the midnight premiere, but all my showings were sold out, too.

Ah well, I'm not a big fan to begin with, but I'd have liked to go see it anyway. Maybe I'll try later.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

I'll be holding off on this for a little while. Don't get me wrong; I think it looks great... but I'm really not much of a crowd man at the movies. I remember going to see one of the Potter flicks (Order of the Phoenix) on opening weekend, and the theater was so ungodly full, it had to go down as one of my worst movie experiences ever. Best wait until nobody cares about it anymore, and then I'll have the whole place to myself.  :happytime:

Quote from: Lord Dalek on July 15, 2011, 09:52:10 AM
...and thus, the bigdan era of movie talkbacks officially begins. Not whom I'd imagine you'd pick to be your successor, eh?

On that note, I still can't help but wonder why people like Penguin or Wonderwall aren't doing these... 'cause, 'ya know, they are mods after all. Aren't these sort of things supposed to be their responsibility?

Eh, whatever.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Kiddington on July 15, 2011, 02:07:29 PM

Quote from: Lord Dalek on July 15, 2011, 09:52:10 AM
...and thus, the bigdan era of movie talkbacks officially begins. Not whom I'd imagine you'd pick to be your successor, eh?
He should just go back to do what he does best. His horrible impersonations of Skip Bayless and Woody Page.

Spark Of Spirit

Does it have that abortion of an epilogue?

Also, I wasn't a fan of part one. The cut scenes should have been in the movie and there was a lot of camping stuff that could've been cut.

I just want this one to be decent.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

Just catch it at a non-standard time or place and you might even have the theater to yourselves. Happened to me with Pirates 4; how the heck did that movie gross a billion dollars and be virtually empty the second weekend?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Daxdiv

Haven't seen it yet, but when I went to see Horrible Bosses last night, the theater I went to had Potter fans out the wazoo. I question out of the 21 screens my local AMC has, how many of them had the 12:01 showings of HP8? Hell, when I got out of seeing Horrible Bosses, the scrolling sign above the theater said Harry Potter 12:01 and the cleaning staff was waiting patiently for everyone to move their asses out of the theater so they could clean it. I knew I should have looked at the available showtime after leaving the theater.

Lord Dalek

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Lord Dalek on July 15, 2011, 07:28:38 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on July 15, 2011, 05:01:16 PM
Does it have that abortion of an epilogue?

It does. And its kinda creepy actually.
Uggggggggghhhhhh...

That was probably the worst part of the whole series. No idea why they kept that in.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Saw it earlier this evening, and it was pretty good.  It was a lot better than part one, which I honestly found kind of boring.

One thing I don't understand is that there's not much, if any, celebration after Voldemort's defeat.  I remember from the book that the two fought in front of everybody, and how much the crowd erupted after Voldemort dies.  I also think that Harry's reveal to fight Voldemort was more dramatic in the book than the movie.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Novapocalypse

I saw this at midnight Thursday with some friends. Loved it. Best Potter yet IMO.

There was so much cheering in the theater when several characters were killed, but when Harry killed Voldemort, the theater was dead quiet. I really wanted to stand up and go "WHAT THE FUCK EVERYBODY", but ultimately decided against it. Also, fangirls when Harry's kid showed up. One very loud, and very long "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/