Final Fantasy

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 02, 2011, 06:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Figured since there's a Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Final Fantasy 8 Remaster I thought I'd give this a little reboot. I'll get to FF8 in a bit. I'm a little worried about FF7R. Not in terms of gameplay, but in terms of it coming out on the PS4. Truthfully I feel like this should've been a PS5 title. I know we're only guessing right now but one can only assume the PS5 will be coming out in 2021 (early 2021 maybe?) and we're only getting Midgar. 2 Blu-ray dvd's for Midgar in it's entirety. Considering that FF7 had 3 disc and Midgar was at the beginning, and so for FF7R we're only getting Midgar which begs the question how long do they plan on going with this game? Being a PS4 owner I cannot see this game being finished on the PS4 (not in its entirety, that's for sure). I feel like square should've made this game specifically for next gen. Other than that I like what I'm hearing about everything else.

Final Fantasy 8 is finally getting a little bit of respect. To answer the question from 4 years ago, I do like the Junction system. It just takes a while to get used to. Once you start understanding it and getting the hang of it you can literally turn the game into easy mode. It's just very time consuming. I've said it a couple of times now. FF8 was my 1st Final Fantasy and introduction to rpg's so I have a soft spot for it. At the time, I was going through a (excuse the language) "fuck everybody" phase and I saw Squall and I found myself to be like Squall quite a bit so I was hooked from there. And then I liked seeing the summons along with limit breaks. Now about 15+ years later I can say that the characters in FF8 are terrible and Sephiroth and Vincent are probably my favorite characters out of 7. Final Fantasy 4 on the other hand is where I find all the great characters. Anyway, that tangent set aside it's about time FF8 gets a remaster.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just noticed that FF8 has been available on STEAM for at least a few years, so I imagine it's the HD remaster aspect of it that has everyone excited.

Fun Fact: Despite being notorious on these boards for being one of the few people who didn't grow up with Final Fantasy, FF8 is the one game that I did play on the PS1, or at least tried to play. My older brother and I rented it from Blockbuster three times trying to beat it, taking turns playing through the story, and as I recall we ended up getting stuck trying to defeat a boss on the third disc, and just ended up giving up from there.

I barely remember the game, but I'd have been open to replaying it if it weren't for the fact that I have so many other games on my backlog.

Mustang

Possibly. I think I saw something along the lines of the steam version looking worst than the ps1 version (I don't know the details. Something about not having or losing the files to the original FF8) so that's a strong possibility. As for me, I don't play games on the PC.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Me neither, for the most part, but I do have some mid-to-late 90's games on there from Steam (like Half-Life and classic DOOM games), since even my cheap laptop can still actually run them. Actually, it'll at least go up to 6th generation standards for the most part, as I did play Max Payne 2 on my PC as well without any issues aside from occasional screen-tearing.