Phineas & Ferb

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 12, 2011, 11:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Who knows, maybe a new crew could breathe fresh life into this series. Surely, this is the right step into that direction.

Inkwolf

I actually enjoy this show a lot (though, to be fair, I've only seen the episodes that are out on DVD....and...yeah, the later ones seem to be groping hard for plot.)

Asking why Candace keeps trying to bust her brothers is like asking why Dick Dastardly doesn't realize that cheating never wins him the race, and that he should put all that time and effort into souping up his car instead. It's her function on the show.  I don't need it to make sense. :D

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Daikun

Avaitor

And guess which show wasn't a part of Disney's recent upfront either.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Wasn't expecting them to can it before the movie came out, honestly, but ratings and interest for it seem to have been declining a lot recently, so it makes sense.

Avaitor

I didn't even know that they were still doing regular episodes. I thought that the show was just doing specials, like the Marvel, Star Wars, and Lost thing.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

They said a while back that it was on hiatus. If it comes back, I expect it to be a spin-off or retooled.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

You know what I've been thinking lately? Apparently, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ended as a series a couple of years ago, and no longer makes episodes on a regular basis. But it still does occasionally make a new special, or even the odd average episode or two infrequently.

What if the same is going to happen to P&F, and we're simply not getting anything for the show in the next few months to even a year? That would explain its lack of updates, but similar lack of confirmation that it's over.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

That's what they've already been doing with it for a while. They air maybe one new episode or special after weeks (or months) of nothing and advertise constantly when they're about to air it. It still has a pocket of episodes to go through (and one special that we know of) and they could easily stretch that out to a year if they want.

Think Spongebob. They're still in season 9 and the show started 16 years ago, they only air one new episode like every three months or so. Who knows when season 9 will finally end, but they can definitely stretch it out as long as they want.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Cartoon X on February 14, 2014, 03:30:14 PM
I'm a bit surprised it's ending this soon. I would've figured they'd keep it running at least until the movie came out. Still, the show has been losing steam for some time now, so I think this is for the best.

It was a good run.

Quote from: Cartoon X on March 06, 2015, 11:39:50 AM
Wasn't expecting them to can it before the movie came out, honestly, but ratings and interest for it seem to have been declining a lot recently, so it makes sense.

^My sentiments remain the same.  :lol: I'll try and catch the marathon if I can, and am interested in checking out Dan and Jeff's next show.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, it was a good run. Here's hoping their next show is an even bigger improvement and success.

Avaitor

Well, it seems like as good of a time as ever. The show is nowhere near as popular as it used to be.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Caught the finale today. A lot less ambitious than what I was expecting, but as someone who hasn't watched an episode of the series in over 2 years, I quite enjoyed it, and it definitely sent the show off on a high note. I think I'll go back and watch some of the episodes I've missed these last few years, since from what I've heard there seems to have been some pretty good ones that I missed out on.

Daikun