Review This Song, Then Post Another

Started by Kiddington, August 15, 2011, 07:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Inspired by the exact same thread on a different board I post at, I thought this would be a cool idea here.

Rules are pretty simple; user above you posts a link to a song on Youtube or whatever, and you give it a simple review on a 1 to 10 scale, with a short description on why you scored it as such. Then, you post a different song afterwards and the person below you reviews that song, then they post theirs, and so on and so forth. Sound fun?

I'll start.

Commode

I think we did do this once, or at least tried to.  Maybe not, but I think so...

Anyways, not a bad song, but at the same time not amongst my favorite Pearl Jam songs.  I'd probably give it a 7/10 or so.

Since I was listening to this earlier, I'll go with someone I see Avaitor mention a lot(no, not Demi).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhEm4S-4v_U&feature=related
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Huh, I was thinking you'd go with INXS or something. But yeah, JD's a band I really admire, and I love the beat to this song in particular. 9/10

You guys tend to ignore my metal stuff when I post that, so I'll try this instead.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Hmm... not bad. Not really the kind of stuff I normally listen to, but I kinda like that one. I'll give it a 7/10.

Speaking of INXS...

Avaitor

I didn't want to be the one to score this song, but I like this game and want it to go on. Anyway, Michael Hutchence/10

Super chill music to relax to
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

That is awesome. How is it possible that I am just now hearing this for the first time today? 9/10

It's a song about... well, you know.

Foggle

Groovy song! Steppenwolf is great, but I don't really listen to them (I should). 9/10

Anybody wanna' give this one a spin? ;D

Avaitor

THD is one of those bands I like, but never really talk about, even though you love to. I really like reading what you have to say on them, though. I'll give this one an 8/10

Now for something a little heavier.

New blog!

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on August 21, 2011, 04:20:09 PM
Groovy song! Steppenwolf is great, but I don't really listen to them (I should). 9/10

Anybody wanna' give this one a spin? ;D

Not a bad song, a bit too slow for my tastes though, it's enjoyable all the same, so I give it 7/10.

Quote from: Avaitor on August 21, 2011, 05:39:39 PM
THD is one of those bands I like, but never really talk about, even though you love to. I really like reading what you have to say on them, though. I'll give this one an 8/10

Now for something a little heavier.

Also not bad, like the intro, but the fact that it becomes a lot slower around the 1:41 mark and stays that way kinda kills it for me. 6/10

Here's one I heard on one of Cox's music channel's recently

Kiddington

Meh. Essentially, it's whatever Nikki Sixx is doing when he's bored with the Crue, and some other guys thrown in for good measure (a GnR guitarist, and James Michael, who's... been around).

Not bad, but I'm not crazy about it either. 6/10.

Iggy Pop and Sum 41; an interesting combination.

Avaitor

Huh, never would've expected Sum 41 to know who Iggy is. Not that bad, though. 6/10

Now check out Mario doing ballet, while Luigi watches.

New blog!

Kiddington

7/10. Bumping this due to sheer boredom.

Tell me your HONEST opinion of this song. I've always hated it; heard it on the radio yesterday, and remembered once again just how much I hate it. And normally I'm a sucker for 90's one-hit wonders, but man... this is really terrible, IMO.

So... that said, what do YOU think?

Avaitor

The original- 5/10

Not at all memorable but harmless.

The He-Man rendition- 15/10

Speaking of something that an honest opinion would be good for, here. This is probably my favorite song on the album besides "Skyscraper" and "For the Love of a Daughter", which I find too emotionally draining to listen to on it's own. But what do you think about it, if you're familiar with her or not?

New blog!

Kiddington

mmm... you know, I don't think I've ever actually listened to her stuff before, to be totally honest here (not in full, anyway; I'm sure I've heard some of it in passing, but never really took notice).

6/10. It's OK, but... well, honestly, it's just not my cup of tea. I dunno what to say, I just didn't get into it. I'll give this song credit, though; it doesn't repulse me like some of the music from other former/current Disney stars.

Kay, so, in keeping with my "bad" trend, here's another. I've already let it be known that (early) OLP is one of my favorite 90's bands, but their transition into the 00's has been... well, rough, and that's putting it nicely. I still think this entire album is garbage; maybe not so to the point I did before, but it's still very hard for me to listen to, and find any amount of good in it. Adding insult to injury, it also pretty much signified the end for this band; not that they were ever "huge", per say, but they are so irrelevant now, and have been since this album pretty much. Coincidence? Hmm... one wonders...

Avaitor

You should've at least heard "Skyscraper" by now. I actually have a few problems with the new album, but it's a well-deserved hit and by far one of the best things she's done.

As for OLP, I'd say a 4/10. I like the first verse or so, but it gets progressively less interesting. I remember the song, but not at all at the same time. You know what I mean, and you know that isn't a good thing. But I gave it extra credit because I like the back-up vocals in the chorus.

This one is a song that has a special connection to me, in a good and bad way. To someone special I know, this is her favorite song by her favorite band. Along with "There is a Light That Never Comes Out" by them and "Tiny Dancer" and "Your Song" by Elton John, I can't listen to it the same way now.

New blog!