GameStop: The Thread

Started by Kiddington, August 24, 2011, 11:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Those goddamned stickers actually ruined my Silent Hill Homecoming box. Thankfully the game sucked and I sold it back to them after a few weeks.

Kiddington

Yeah, those stickers are probably one of the very worst offenses they commit. Every single one of my game boxes that I've ever bought at GameStop look terrible because of those. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I've tried everything when it comes to taking them off, but there's just something about the adhesive on those stickers that always leaves shit behind, no matter what.

You know really, I'd just drop GameStop all together if the mom and pop options around here weren't so bad. The one that we have here that isn't ridiculously overpriced is way too small, and ALWAYS crowded as hell (it is impossible to look around in such a small store with so many people, and I usually end up standing in line for at least 10 minutes every time I've gone in). And of course, the other option is actually a pretty nice store, but so horrendously overpriced that I don't even bother with it anymore ($60 for a used copy of Mario Party 4? Good luck with that).

...that's as far as the older stuff like PS2 or GameCube is concerned, though, which is pretty much the only reason why I continue to bother with GameStop in the first place (I'd probably just buy these aforementioned games online through Amazon or whatever if I could guarantee myself that I actually get a case with it, and not a lone disc in a paper envelope, but those tend to be a little overpriced depending on the game or seller). For newer stuff that's more widely available, I just stick with Target.

Rynnec

Those stickers are so damn annoying. My local Hastings has them too (at least when it comes to used games) is it too much to ask to put those stickers on a lamenated paper and wrap it around the game?

Quote from: Kiddingtonthe other option is actually a pretty nice store, but so horrendously overpriced that I don't even bother with it anymore ($60 for a used copy of Mario Party 4? Good luck with that).

Yeesh. And I thought $20 for Bomberman Generations was pushing it. :whuh:

Commode

I use GameStop for everything current Gen(it's honestly the easiest option, they always have what I'm looking for) and recently PS2 games.  I think that they are trying to start phasing out the PS2, because some of the games are going for pretty cheap, and they have bins that have PS2 discs in yellow sleeves(no cases) where any game in them is usually less than ten bucks.  So yeah, I do dig through them(and I just put the games in a CD book, so I'm not worried to much about the lack of cases).

I used to use GameStop for GBA games as well, but only a few GS's actually carry them anymore, and they usually are movie-based games or Hannah Montana games; in other words games they can't get rid of.

Everything older than that I use this local store called Cool Stuff, which is a God-send.  I love looking through their glass counter housing Game Boy games, or the shelves holding the SNES and Genesis games.  And the best part is, it's pretty good prices.  They had Link to the Past for ten bucks, Kirby's Dream Land 3 for 14, and I bought Super Metroid there for I think 12.  So yeah, it's an awesome store.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

I buy console games from Amazon alternate sellers and PC games from Steam during sales most of the time. Saves you a lot of money (anywhere from 15-90% off) if you're able to wait patiently for the best price to make itself available.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Speaking of local game stores, I bought my KoF XIII from a nice little place called Game Play over here. It's a pretty small store, and its literally right across the street from a Game Stop, but they have a really awesome selection. They even have some import games on the shelves, though none I really wanted to get atm. My copy still had the preorder bonus too, and they knocked the price down a few bucks since they quoted the wrong price to me.

They seem like bros, so Ima buy as much as I can from there while I still have time here. They had some of the niche PSP games still in the plastic wrapped CE cases too. Kinda wanted to get Ys 7 and Persona 2.

Commode

So I bought The Last Story, and it has some absolutely beautiful packaging:

The problem?  It's also got these fuckers:

Fucking hell.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/