Tokyo Game Show 2011

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, September 01, 2011, 02:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, the world's biggest annual gaming event/convention is once again coming up this very month. In a couple of weeks we'll get to learn new info about a bunch of games that we may be anticipating and didn't get to see much of at E3, or find out about new games that we will greatly anticipate as they are announced at the event.

So, everyone can share their thoughts here regarding speculations of what's to come and discuss the upcoming game show in general.

Personally I'm really interested in finally getting to see some actual gameplay footage of Devil's Third so I can see how the game is shaping up (I'm hoping that it'll be great, because I've already been let down and had my heart broken by the extremely disappointing Ninja Gaiden 3 at E3 this year).

Perhaps we might get to learn some more about future game projects that Platinum games is working on (I know that they are still currently working on Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns), and I have no doubt that we'll learn more about a bunch of Japanese-developed games in general.

There's a bunch of other stuff that I'm curious to be seeing at this year's TGS, but being that I've been out of the loop of gaming for quite a while (being that I rarely ever get the chance to get new games as much as other people do), there aren't many series that I'm that excited for in terms of wanting to learn more about their upcoming sequels, since I haven't played enough games this gen to be a fan of that many series. That said, I do look forward to hearing any new announcements of games that may potentially interest me in the future.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So....TGS starts tomorrow (or even tonight if you go by Japan's time, I think). Is anyone excited for any potential announcements at the show, or just for anything that will be shown there, in general, like new gameplay footage for anticipated games and such? For the world's biggest game show, I'm surprised at how little buzz and discussion has been going on for TGS. I mean, even E3 which is a lot smaller than it used to be still got way more attention than this. Its not like I'm complaining or anything, but I'm just curious about the seemingly general lack of interest I've been noticing for this year's event.

Spark Of Spirit

Ys IV remake was announced for the Vita. So it looks like the second game I'd get the system for, but not even close to enough for me to bite yet.

I'm hoping for Treasure to announce something. Anything other than a shmup would do me fine.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Fuckin' finally with the Ys 4 remake! Then we just need 5 and Origins before they go on to #8. :)

Not planning on getting the Vita, though. At least, not any time soon. Once the Yakuza game and further Ys remakes are released for it then I think I'll bite. Or if they make a portable Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter that's actually good.

Then again, I might not ever buy one. I have serious issues about purchasing a console where all the games are download-only. Of course, if you can back that data up on a disc or external hard drive (like with Steam), then it'll be fine.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 14, 2011, 02:39:01 PM
So....TGS starts tomorrow (or even tonight if you go by Japan's time, I think). Is anyone excited for any potential announcements at the show, or just for anything that will be shown there, in general, like new gameplay footage for anticipated games and such? For the world's biggest game show, I'm surprised at how little buzz and discussion has been going on for TGS. I mean, even E3 which is a lot smaller than it used to be still got way more attention than this. Its not like I'm complaining or anything, but I'm just curious about the seemingly general lack of interest I've been noticing for this year's event.
I wanna' see if they'll have gameplay footage from Devil's Third and Yakuza 5!

Spark Of Spirit

Actually, the Vita isn't download only, but the memory cards are going to be absurdly expensive and some games require them. Also the battery is worse than the 3DS one is, and is not replaceable. So no third party batteries for that.

I'll be waiting a while for it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on September 14, 2011, 04:46:23 PM
Actually, the Vita isn't download only
Oh. I figured they were getting rid of the disc format entirely instead of just replacing UMDs with something else. That's good.

Quotebut the memory cards are going to be absurdly expensive and some games require them. Also the battery is worse than the 3DS one is, and is not replaceable.
Wow. Day 730 used purchase.

talonmalon333

Anyone know when it is tomorrow?

Spark Of Spirit

Ys IV footage

Clearly based of Ys 7's engine, and it looks really fun. Too bad I'll have to wait on it a long, long time.

talonmalon333

Wait has the game show started?!

talonmalon333

Avaitor

Yes. Is it really that hard to look up to see if it's happening yourself?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on September 15, 2011, 02:49:28 PM
Yes. Is it really that hard to look up to see if it's happening yourself?

Not sure where to look.

I looked at NeoGaf, but that's just a forum.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If you look at ANY game website or just Google it, every source clearly says that TGS is from Sept. 15-18. The date is currently Sept. 15. I'm sure you can work the rest out yourself from that point.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 15, 2011, 03:02:21 PM
If you look at ANY game website or just Google it, every source clearly says that TGS is from Sept. 15-18. The date is currently Sept. 15. I'm sure you can work the rest out yourself from that point.

I know today's the date. Just wasn't sure what times today and how long it is.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Considering that Tokyo's timezone is approximately 13 hours ahead of the U.S. Atlantic timezone, I assume that today's part of the event would have already finished (since its already kind of...."tomorrow for them"). In fact they are probably already prepping up for "tomorrow's" show, right now.