"The Lion King" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, September 17, 2011, 02:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on November 18, 2011, 06:12:31 PM
It's Disney. They take familiar concepts and ideas and put their own spin on them.

So, it doesn't really bother me.

I'm not even sure it was inspired. Similar names for the main character? Simba comes from "lion", not "Kimba". Rising leader? That's one of the most common concepts in films...

Lord Dalek

The Shadow Gentleman

Iiiiiiiits Necromancy Time!

I finally found out what the opening chanting means:

"Nants ingonyama bagithi baba" = There comes a lion
"Sithi uhhmm ingonyama" = Oh yes, it's a lion

So yeah.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Huh? Well that just makes far too much sense....:-\

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Graywulf on February 11, 2013, 01:35:55 PM

So yeah.

;D HAHAHA! Outstanding dude!  :thumbup:

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 12, 2013, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: Graywulf on February 11, 2013, 01:35:55 PM

So yeah.

;D HAHAHA! Outstanding dude!  :thumbup:
:blush:

Don't thank me, thank the All Mighty Tumblr Dashboard. When I'm not being spammed with people wangsting about how different/lonely/depressed/SPECIAAAAL! they are, its actually pretty funny.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Weird.

It also seems to de-canonize the second movie, but considering they kind of threw away the very end of the first movie to make that film I guess it's fair play.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Disney usually ignores the sequels, anyway. Like how you never see anything for Kiara or Melody anymore, and the next Lion King and Little Mermaid sequels were actually prequels instead.

The TV shows are another story though, since the Aladdin show was hella popular and you can STILL see merch of Angel from that one Lilo & Stitch episode at the parks.

But it's not too surprising that they're finding a way to incorporate TLK in their Disney Jr lineup. Sofia the First has had most of the princesses show up, that pirate Jake show has Captain Hook and Mr. Smee in it regularly, and Tom Ruegger's Seven Dwarfs show is on its way. Not to mention those It's a Small World shorts that are full of Disney references. Since that's still one of the highlights in their canon (easily their biggest non-princess movie and probably their biggest, period), it's only about time.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Nameless

I hope it's better than Timon & Pumbaa...I never cared much for that show.

gunswordfist

Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on February 11, 2013, 01:35:55 PM

So yeah.

:o
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

No DTV Disney sequels were ever canon, anyway. And I don't think Disney ever cared about them enough to recognize them as canon anyway. They existed for no reason other than money. Plus, how can Scar have an entire tribe of lions who followed him and want revenge for him, despite the fact that he was alone in the first movie? Why would he have an entire tribe of lion who liked him, considering the fact that he was a bad leader who ran his kingdom into the ground? You can ask these types of questions for any Disney sequel. For example, how does Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas fit into the overall story of the first movie, especially considering, when it happened, Belle's father had to have been wandering through the woods looking for her. These sequels simply can't exist in the storylines.

Oh and, also, Simba's cub was a male at the end of the first movie. Not a female.

Daxdiv

The blogpost updated and said that according to Disney Insider, Kion is now the 2nd born cub as Kiara is now focusing more on being queen of the pride lands. Feels weird man.

Avaitor

And apparently pretty much everyone from the first movie, as well as Kiara and including fucking Mufasa, will show up at some point.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

What, they are going to have Mufasa appear in the clouds again to give advice to Kion or some shit? That'd be a pretty terrible mockery of one of the film's most memorable and potent scenes.  :srs:

The rest of the characters slated to appear are fine, though. I mean, you'd expect them to be around, so it'd be weird not to ever see them.