Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

"Ewww, you fucking faggot, I hate guys. I LOVE WOMEN!"

Release Date: October 19, 1994
Studio: Miramax
Director: Kevin Smith
Aspect Ratio: 1.37 : 1
Starring: Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, Marilyn Ghigliotti

Plot Summary: Dante Hicks is a clerk at a local convenience store in New Jersey. On one particular Saturday morning, he gets called in on his day off. Once there, he must deal with multiple problems. The shutters outside won't open. His ex-girlfriend, whom he is still in love with, is getting married. His girlfriend, who bugs him about starting college, has revealed certain, uh...stuff about her past. His boss hasn't come in to take his place. He has a hockey game at 2 o'clock. Another ex has died, and today's the last day he can go to her wake. He must deal with customers that aren't so intelligent. His friend, Randal, a clerk at the video store next door, is even less dedicated to his job than Dante, and is always bothering Dante's customers. And the biggest problem of them all: HE'S NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE THERE TODAY!! Can Dante manage it all?

COMMENTS?

And this was my other Blu.

Also I think I give out 5 stars too many times. Oh well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Still his best film by far.

Back before dialogue driven comedy wasn't completely overrun like it is now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

I'd give it 37 stars... but that's not an option.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

Anyone ever watch the pilot to the Clerks TV show that ABC tried to make, with little to no input from Kevin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk0ZWDeisls

It really couldn't have less to do with the movie, other than it features two characters named Dante and Randall who work in a convenience store and a video store respectively.  For one thing the Dante and Randall characters act nothing like they are portrayed in the film.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.