Tiny Toon Adventures

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Man, I still haven't gotten the first two since they're still so expensive. I'd love to get into these, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on February 08, 2013, 12:27:59 AM
It's official- volume 4 is definitely happening!

It's awesome to know that the complete series will soon be on DVD.

:swoon:

Awesome. Even if it is years overdue, so glad this is finally happening.

The Reserved Nutcase

Better late than never, right? 

Now all we need are the two specials (the Spring Break one and Night Ghoulery) and the whole series is 100% complete. 

Daikun

Goldstar

I can't say that I'm overly excited about The Hub acquiring another canceled show from the 90s, but at least Tiny Toon Adventures is one of the good ones. Perhaps the chances of The Hub getting Freakazoid! aren't as remote as I thought.

The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Commode

That's cool.  I'll probably never see it on the channel, but it's still good that the show is getting exposure.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

LumRanmaYasha

It'll be great to see it on television again, although I do think the Hub is going too overboard on acquiring old cartoons for their lineup.

Goldstar

One interesting thing that I've noticed regarding Tiny Toon Adventures. TTA debuted and was established before Animaniacs, and yet in syndicated reruns (first on Kids' WB and more recently on The Hub), TTA always gets picked only after A! has put butts into seats. TTA typically gets picked up later, like it's A!'s kid brother, despite the fact that TTA originally aired first.

I don't have a statement or anything for that; it just struck me as being kind of funny.

Avaitor

I guess it's just one of those instances where the follow-up is more popular than the original.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

It certainly isn't the case here. Animaniacs is far behind TTA and even P&TB in overall popularity.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Goldstar

I've always liked the Slappy Squirrel segments of Animaniacs more than Pinky and the Brain, even though I enjoyed P&tB on A!

Tiny Toon Adventures was good, but that shows' constant mentioning that it was the 90s and the references to 1990s pop-culture make the show look somewhat dated now, which is why A! gets the nod for me, because while A! did have a few topical references, the show didn't pander nearly as much to it's contemporary audience as TTA did. But that's just my opinion, which doesn't carry the weight of oxygen.

Daikun

The Hub is airing How I Spent My Summer Vacation this Monday at 8PM EST.

Lord Il

Quote from: Goldstar on June 28, 2013, 02:49:10 PM
I've always liked the Slappy Squirrel segments of Animaniacs more than Pinky and the Brain
"The essence of comedy is in somebody else's pain."
Slappy is great!
:worship:

Quote from: Daikun on August 18, 2013, 02:21:16 AM
The Hub is airing How I Spent My Summer Vacation this Monday at 8PM EST.
Ah, memories... I have a VHS copy of that.

Silverstar

We also used to own a VHS copy of How I Spent My Vacation, but our younger brother played that tape so many times during his youth that I don't think I can ever bring myself to sitting through it again. I practically have every spoken word in that movie memorized.  :zonk:
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Goldstar

Tiny Toons: How I Spent My Summer Vacation is 80 minutes without commercials. I hope that The Hub will air the video in it's entirety and not try to cut it down to only 60 minutes like FOX did the 1 and only time the network aired it in prime-time. The editing in that was so bad it was like the video was spliced together with duck tape and chewing gum. At least in syndication Warner Bros. aired the video across 4 days in 20 minute installments (with commercial breaks, of course) for the benefit of kids whose families didn't own a VHS.