Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

It's a fun show, but it has been ages since I've seen. Disney really should do a complete series set already, especially now that they own Marvel.

Even then, I don't think that they would have cared about the episode with the Mole Man-like villain.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GregX

Excellent:
1. The Spectacular Spider-Man
2. Batman: The Animated Series
3. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Great:
4. Batman: The Brave & the Bold
5. Young Justice

Generally Good:
6. X-Men: Evolution
7. Justice League
8. Wolverine and the X-Men

Not Really My Thing, But OK:
9. Batman Beyond
10. Superman - TAS
11. Static Shock
12. Teen Titans/TTG!

Doesn't Hold Up, But Watchable:
13. Spider-Man (60's)
14. All of the 90's Marvel shows
15. SuperFriends

Flat to Bad:
16. Fantastic Four (60's)
17. The Batman
18. The New Fantastic Four

Please Kill Me, Now:
19. Ultimate Spider-Man
20. Iron Man: Armored Adventures
21. Avengers Assemble
22. Hulk - Agents of SMASH

Nameless

gunswordfist

I know I have already said that I liked Duck Dodgers more than any other Looney Tunes spinoff but I am sure I've never mentioned that Taz-Mania was my second favorite (well, unless Pinky & The Brain somehow counted.) I liked both DD and TM a lot more than Tiny Toons Adventures and (again, if this type of show counts,) Animaniacs. I'd rank them:

5. Tiny Toons Adventures
4. Animaniacs
3. Taz-Mania
2. Pinky & The Brain
1. Duck Dodgers In The 24th And 1 Half Century

I actually remember Taz and PaTB being pretty close in quality. Again, it's been forever since I've seen any of these though. I need to start really watching non-action shows again and this would be a good way to kick that off, if possible.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I was never much for Taz-Mania, but Taz has always been my least favorite of the big Looney Tunes characters.

Anyway, I don't really like Tina Belcher that much. I think she's kind of a flat and wishy-washy character. I kind of get why she has such a following, because of her social awkwardness and all, but she's still among my least favorite characters on Bob's Burgers.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I used to like Tina the most out of all the kids, but she (and most of the cast, honestly) has become more grating to me in the the last few seasons. I'll say that Gene has always been my least favorite character on the show, though.

If I were to rank the LT spinoffs I like:

5. The Looney Tunes Show
4. Animaniacs
3. Tiny Toon Adventures
2. Pinky & the Brain
1. Duck Dodgers

Like Avaitor, I was never really big on Taz-Mania, or the character in general.

gunswordfist

Taz is not a favorite myself (almost goes without saying due to how many great Looney Tunes there are  :bleh:) but I remember the show being pretty well put together, while Animaniacs and Tiny Toons actually pretty much just bored me outside of a few moments.

I've barely watched The Looney Tunes Show so I didn't think about ranking it at all.

Also, I think Sylvester & Tweety Show is the absolute worst out of all the LT spinoffs. That shit used to bore me to death every Saturday. But maybe there are some even worse offenders that I have repressed memories of. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Nobody's ranking Loonatics or Baby Looney Tunes?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 05, 2015, 01:44:03 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 05, 2015, 01:43:13 PM
:whuh:
GSF doesn't even think they're the worst spin-offs, so I was curious.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 05, 2015, 01:54:28 PM
Quote from: Foggle on March 05, 2015, 01:44:03 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 05, 2015, 01:43:13 PM
:whuh:
GSF doesn't even think they're the worst spin-offs, so I was curious.

But yeah, Baby Looney Tunes is the worst I've seen. Thanks for exposing that repressed memory. :D It didn't seem "tear out eyes" bad just excessively boring.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Daxdiv

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 15, 2012, 04:47:25 PM
Korra's better, IMO.

As for the Sonic discussion, the only animated Sonic show that did it right was the OVA, IMO. It was funny, fast, good action, and the plot was just serious and jokey enough to work. It also was the best looking with the most creative art-style and music. It's a real shame it never got a proper show since it was leagues ahead of the other Sonic shows. IMO, it just needed a better dub.
Do you still think Season 1 of Korra is better than the entirety of ATLA. (This thread used to be so much fun)