Unpopular Opinions On Gaming

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, November 09, 2011, 11:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

Oh, right, how could I forget 9? MM3, 2, and 9 are easily my favorites.

10 was... eh.

Spark Of Spirit

10 was disappointing after 9. I still think a SNES-style X9 would have been more worth everyone's time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 23, 2013, 12:56:00 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 23, 2013, 12:49:13 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 23, 2013, 12:22:05 AM
Every 8-bit Mega Man is fun. Some just more than others. 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
6 is NOT fun.

I think my order would be:

I like 7, I just feel wonky about it or whatever. I still need to beat the final boss but close enough. I've barely played 8 so it's not listed. I haven't beaten 1 either but I think I get the picture.
Probably close to my order though I would personally put 7 higher.

Have you played 9 or 10 yet? 9 is about as good as 2 and 3 and 10 is fun.
I didn't want to say anything but I am pretty annoyed by 9. It's more hard then fun and even with 9 lives, 3 E Tanks, 1 M Tank, all the needle protecting shoes or whatever I can hold, the device that redistributes energy to other weapons if the one I using is full and having one of the best set of weapons in MM history still gets my blue ass handed to me in Wily's Castle.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on May 23, 2013, 12:42:51 AM
They all feel the damn same too me. Same sprites, same level structure, all too difficult for me to play...  :lol:
+1 :lol:

gunswordfist

I think John Marston and Ezio are the two best new main characters from last gen.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The 3DS version of DKCR is better than the Wii version.

Somehow this is unpopular opinion.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 27, 2013, 12:40:22 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 27, 2013, 12:39:06 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 27, 2013, 12:31:03 PM

Rightfully so, I might say. :blush:
Have you played the 3DS version?

I tried it (don't own it, though). How come you like it more?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 27, 2013, 12:44:30 PM

Controls, 3D, portability, and bonus levels. I don't really find much the Wii version does better that adds up to a whole lot.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 27, 2013, 12:50:07 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 27, 2013, 12:44:30 PM

Controls, 3D, portability, and bonus levels. I don't really find much the Wii version does better that adds up to a whole lot.

I like the Wii version more for its visuals and being able to play it on a home console. The bonus levels in the 3DS version don't add too much more for me, and the lower difficulty is a bit lame.

Foggle

I don't like playing games on portable consoles, give me a computer monitor or a TV any day of the week. Also, I agree with Talon about preferring the Wii version's better graphics and higher difficulty.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'll take playing a game on a portable console over a PC keyboard any day. Sometimes if a PC and emulator are the only option I have then I'll just do that, but when I can, I'd much rather play something like the Zelda Oracle games or any other handheld game on the actual device that they were designed for. The same goes for console games as well. Except for those games that are designed with a keyboard in mind, I can't stand using a keyboard for gaming. Its so un-intuitive and uncomfortable to play on.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 27, 2013, 02:47:59 PM
I'd much rather play something like the Zelda Oracle games or any other handheld game on the actual device that they were designed for. The same goes for console games as well.

That about sums up my feelings here. DKCR, as a game that was designed for home console, I preferred the Wii version.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 27, 2013, 02:47:59 PM
I'll take playing a game on a portable console over a PC keyboard any day. Sometimes if a PC and emulator are the only option I have then I'll just do that, but when I can, I'd much rather play something like the Zelda Oracle games or any other handheld game on the actual device that they were designed for. The same goes for console games as well. Except for those games that are designed with a keyboard in mind, I can't stand using a keyboard for gaming. Its so un-intuitive and uncomfortable to play on.
There's this new thing called USB controllers. I think Microsoft makes a really popular one with a big X button in the center. :P

Spoiler
Just bein' snarky, not mean. ;)
[close]