Unpopular Opinions On Gaming

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, November 09, 2011, 11:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm surprised that this game didn't feature a boss rush mode. In fact, none of these games do, to my knowledge. It seems like such an obvious thing, yet nobody thinks to include it. I at least like how. NGB included many of the bosses in Mission Mode, so in that case you only had to complete a few waves of enemies to get to them, or in the case of Eternal Legends you'd have a whole gauntlet of bosses to get through at some point.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 19, 2014, 12:31:29 PM
Eternal Legends?

It's the final (and most challenging) set of missions from Mission Mode in that game. It puts you through gauntlets of the toughest waves of enemies and bosses from the story mode, and you have limited healing items to use.

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 19, 2014, 07:26:35 PM
I have to get that game.

Sorry, when I said "that game," I probably should have specified that I was talking about Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma. There isn't (to my knowledge), any game called Eternal Legends. :sweat:

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh. For some reason I tought that you already owned NGB. :D

gunswordfist

I have that nor RE4.  :'( But have, I mean I don't have.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

A lot of casual players hate Blitz from DMC4; and for the record, I am a casual player, myself, as I don't go for insane rank or anything, and I'm not great at any of these games the way that pros who far outclass me and most other players are. Honestly, it's one of the most interesting enemies in the game, and its design is meant to be very reminiscent of the Shadow enemies from the first game. I think a lot of people just realize that they can't mash it to death, and never truly bother studying it's behavior and attack patterns and learning how to fight it. If you learn a few simple tricks, you can kill it incredibly fast, and it actually becomes more fun to fight.

gunswordfist

Rynnec

Fuck that thing. It's just a pain in the ass to fight, even if you do know it's attack patterns.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

First of all I'm ignoring GSF because use fucking capital letters at the beginning of sentences for crying out loud. You're not a kid.

Rynnec: It's more than just knowing it's pattern. You can kill it super quick if you know what you're doing,and it's way more satisfying than killing a normal enemy. It's all about learning how to fight it, which is one of the things that made DMC a more interesting series than most hack n' slash games in the first place. It's enemies are so nuanced and interesting in design, but there is a rhyme and reason to everything, and it's all about understanding how they behave and how to fight them. Otherwise you might as well say that Ninja Theory's DmC is as good as any other, given how shallow it's enemies are. Also, the Dream Runners are an enemy that you should be cursing, because unlike Blitzes, they actually use legitimately cheap tactics.

Tell me: Do you know what Omen and Distorted Real Impact are? I won't accept your opinion on Blitz unless you at least acknowledge those techniques. :P

gunswordfist

i'm on an old phone, genius. enemies that damage you when you hit them suck.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 17, 2014, 11:36:49 PMi'm on an old phone, genius. enemies that damage you when you hit them suck.

You can still use capital letters on a phone, fuck-tard.

Also, idiots who hit enemies with a melee weapon when they have a lightning shield around them are probably better off wasting their time on a Dynasty Warriors game. I'm sure that's more up your alley.

For the record, using Omen from Pandora's box instantly depletes it's shield before it even has a chance to attack you. You'd know that if you ever tried anything other than tapping the same button repeatedly. Honestly, for someone who claims to be a DMC fan, you sure lack a lot of knowledge on pretty basic mechanics.

Rynnec

I'm not familiar with Omen, but DRI is my best friend in DMC 4. I just don't find the Blitz's that fun to fight regardless of how easy/hard they are, though I'd still take them over those stupid enemy-posessing blade scarecrows.

Ironically enough, I found the Dreamrunners to be one of the few enemies from DmC to be legitimately fun to fight.

Looking up Omen, I actually didn't know Pandora's Box had its own gauge, I only learned to use its most basic forms, and mostly used it situationally (yeah, I'm more of an instinctual fighter). That being said, I've always appreciated how DMC lets you take on any enemy with any weapon set, so long as you were skilled enough.

On another note, I'm pretty sure I've already stated this before, but it bears repating: fuck modern fighting game arcade bosses.