Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Music

Started by Avaitor, November 11, 2011, 02:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Except for The Times Are Changing, I've never liked Bob Dylan.

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 10, 2014, 10:40:43 PM
I don't dislike Let It Be. I just think it's an overrated song and not particularly great. I actually like Yellow Submarine more, Avaitor. :P
The song's cute (and from Revolver, btw), but the soundtrack's pretty blah. "Hey Bulldog" aside.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

No-Personality

Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Also, while we're on The Beatles- I hate Magical Mystery Tour. All of it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

The Shadow Gentleman

"Let It Be" is probably one of the "great" Beatles song I listen to the least, and I've never been a big fan of the album. I really wish they released Abbey Road last instead. Much better finish.

Quote from: No-Personality on February 11, 2014, 10:34:49 AM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 11, 2014, 03:17:21 AMI've never liked Bob Dylan.
Same.
This too.

Avaitor

Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on February 11, 2014, 01:15:57 PM
I really wish they released Abbey Road last instead. Much better finish.
Same. Abbey Road's still my favorite Beatles album.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I think Like A Rolling Stone is Bob Dylan's best song.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

No-Personality

Quote from: Avaitor on February 11, 2014, 11:35:38 AMAlso, while we're on The Beatles- I hate Magical Mystery Tour. All of it.
A couple weeks ago, I listened to 3 Beatles albums back-to-back: MMT, Abbey Road, and SPLHCB. Magical Mystery Tour was the best, says these ears.
and I love it.

Avaitor

Quote from: No-Personality on February 11, 2014, 03:21:27 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on February 11, 2014, 11:35:38 AMAlso, while we're on The Beatles- I hate Magical Mystery Tour. All of it.
A couple weeks ago, I listened to 3 Beatles albums back-to-back: MMT, Abbey Road, and SPLHCB. Magical Mystery Tour was the best, says these ears.
I don't like how any of it comes off, never have. I've given MMT multiple chances, but it all sounds like Sgt. Pepper rejects to me.

I'm glad that you find something that I'm missing, but it isn't for me at all.

New blog!

Avaitor

Here's one I've recently been thinking-

The black album>Master of Puppets and Justice

When you get down to it, a lot of the lesser-known tracks on the black album are pretty solid and it has a decent, unique flow, even though the singles are mostly awful. MOP and Justice are just weaker retreads of Ride the Lightning.

New blog!

No-Personality

Okay, Macklemore...   :burn:

I like the man. As a man- he is smooth (enough), got style, flair, he has the makings of a great figure in music...

But, I officially want to add anyone who says "comeup / come-up" to my hitlist (hitman's target list). That is not an acceptable shorthand for the word "bargain." Not because it's classless or a contradiction in terms or for any ideological reason, it's just a bad damn arrangement of words, letters. I am this close to never listening to "Thrift Shop" again. I... can't trust myself to not grind my teeth. Until they shatter. Otherwise, I like the song. A lot. Fuckin' pop culture- everyone just has to be trendy. Even when they're arguing to go against the trends, they're forcing something on you.

This song is in no way better than "Royals"... Todd in the Shadows.

Oh, and what else did he say? You can't "complain" about something without arguing for a solution... Uh, she wasn't complaining- she was being proud for what her and her friends have.
and I love it.

Avaitor

I still think it's better than "Royals". But otherwise, I think Macklemore has terrible flow.

I dunno, I'm just sick of everyone nowadays.

New blog!

Commode

I like "White Walls".  "Thrift Shop" is alright too, but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

And I still like "Royals", "Tennis Court", and "Team".
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Nel_Annette

I'll take anything Macklemore's done to any of the garbage from Lorde they keep playing on the radio.

Commode

What's on the radio these days?  Haven't been listening to either local radio or Sirius the last couple of weeks, been rotating Social Distortion and Rancid CD's in my car.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.