The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

This sort of fits the thread, but today Nintendo announced and released NES Remix which is sort of like WarioWare challenges without the WarioWare packaging.

It's a cool challenge and a nice idea for an eshop game nonetheless. If you've got a Wii-U, give it a go.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Damn. Now I really want a Wii-U.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

NES Remix 2 was announced. Of course it includes Zelda 2 which means I'll fail pretty hard on this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

A good remix of probably my favorite fighting game theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2koFEpW_LkY
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

GBA on Wii U release list:

April 3:

Advance Wars (Wii U, $7.99)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U, $7.99)
Metroid Fusion (Wii U, $7.99)

April 10:

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (Wii U, $6.99)
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!

April 17

Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, $4.99)
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Wii U, $6.99)
Golden Sun (Wii U, $7.99)

April 24

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (Wii U, $7.99)

Still no SNES version of Yoshi's Island.

Spark Of Spirit

Donkey Kong Land is apparently coming out for the 3DS VC. Will definitely grab it. Donkey Kong Land was a lot of fun.

So why have the DKC games been removed from the Wii VC?

Commode

Local video game store has a copy of Pocky and Rocky 2.  It just sucks that I don't have the $150 they are asking for it. :(
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Capcom Unity is asking which portable Mega Man game do you want released on the VC first.

For some reason Mega Man Xtreme 1 is winning. Why, I don't know. Do us all a favor and vote for V. Every Mega Man fan has been waiting for that to re-release for decades.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Going through inventory today, I now have 467 different Game Boy compatible games(grey and black cartridges only) in my collection.  The downside to this?  I own 13 copies of Tetris(one is Japanese), 6 copies of Mario Land 2(one is Japanese), 4 copies of both Mario Land 1 and Pokemon Yellow, and 2 copies of many games including Pokemon Red, Metroid 2, Donkey Kong, Kirby's Dreamland, Pac-Man, and Catrap.  Too many duplicates.

Daxdiv

So, Mega Man Xtreme was the first game released as part of Mega May, is it any good or not?

Spark Of Spirit

You remember how the first Mega Man Game Boy game just took bosses and stage from NES Mega Man 1 and 2, cropped the screen, and called it a day? That's what Mega Man Xtreme is, only with X1 and X2. Only here you have to deal with dashing by double tapping forward.

No idea why people voted for this over MMV. It's decent, but not even close to the strongest game they could have put out first.

Daxdiv

Hm... sounds a little redundant. Well... at least we got 4 more weeks to see what else Capcom decides to put out on the VC for Mega May.

Spark Of Spirit

This is their release schedule:

IV, V, and Xtreme 2 are the best ones, in my opinion. Xtreme 1 is decent for portable Mega Man X, but it pales compared to the sequel.

Commode

Picked up this CIB Manhattan Project today.

Love that box art.