Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on March 28, 2011, 08:52:44 PM
I had no idea Clannad was so fucking terrible. People cry to this shit?
Apparently, out-of-left-field disasters happening to pale, pretty people is what gets the tears rolling for people nowadays. Just ask Nicholas Sparks or Stephenie Meyer.

That said, what did you guys think about the actual recap? It's my first time doing something in this style, so I'm wondering how it could be improved for next installments.

Spark Of Spirit

You did a good job on the recap from what I can tell.

Because I'm not sure how you sum something like that up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

Yeah, I'll cry to dramas like that.  :cry:

As I've said before, I really want to like the show since I enjoyed Kanon, but it still needs to hook me in. If the dub is that bleh, maybe it's time to switch to sub; it's too bad since ADV has put out some quotable titles in the past.

I do like the play-by-play critiquing style. I've seen that done with pro wrestling and it's partly what inspired me to write recaps on tv.com except without all the biases that make it fun to hack up.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Foggle

I am rather fond of the new review and feature.

Angus

Nice facelift.   :thumbup:  Bleach needs to represent!
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

*checks out the board and new reviews*

Huh... interesting.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Surprise review!

I'll send this to The Film Experience to see if I can get a mention on their blog.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

Nice feature! Hana-Saku Iroha sounds a lot better than I figured it would. I like stories that revolve around characters instead of plots revolving on cliches.

Foggle

Very interesting read. Sounds like I got some of the better ones. :lol:

Angus

Wow, no wonder they banned dirty anime from Tokyo.

Avaitor

Wow, this season looks a lot better than last one.

There's more than one show that seems interesting. But a lot of it does appear to be awful.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

Good review, the show definitely seems more interesting than I gave it credit for.

QuoteIt's not ultraviolent or exploitative like Elfen Lied.
That was pretty much my number 1 issue with Narutaru's take on the deconstruction idea, same with Elfen Lied. The needless gore and pointless sexual content distracted from the concept tremendously, ironically detracting from the experience and making it less enjoyable and memorable despite the good traits they bring forth to the audience.

N&TH&T was a lot more tasteful about that kind of thing, even if the message may have been hammered on a bit too hard at times it never relied on cheap tricks to constantly remind you this was 'different(tm)', it did it through the story.