Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

A bit long, but I liked it and want more.

Foggle

It's a 42+ chapter story. Believe me, I cut at least 10,000 words from those first nine chapters alone.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've never watched MLP, and after reading that article of yours....I'm not sure I even want to....:whuh:

Spark Of Spirit

The show is absolutely nothing like that. At all.

That reads more like something David Gonterman would have come up with. On a particularly bad day.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 25, 2012, 09:51:39 PM
I've never watched MLP, and after reading that article of yours....I'm not sure I even want to....:whuh:
Don't worry. That's like thinking a Harry/Snape slashfic has any resemblance to the actual books.

Foggle

Did you guys enjoy my commentating?

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 25, 2012, 09:51:39 PM
I'm not really sure that you'd like the show since we seem to have similar tastes and I, personally, couldn't get into it, but this story is literally the polar opposite of the original cartoon. Every fanbase has its nutters, and since the MLP fanbase is humongous, it has a decent amount of them.

I just wish that one dude hadn't removed his hilariously awful Excel Saga rapefic from FF.net, or I'd have done commentary on that instead.

Spark Of Spirit

And I didn't even find the one about bullying and discrimination!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

The final quote caught me off guard, good stuff.  :D

But yeah, that cartoon sounds (and looks) pretty awful. My Catholicism cringes.

Avaitor

That final quote makes up for all the torture we had to go through.

Great stuff.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

As soon as I saw that comment, I knew I'd have to include it somewhere. :lol:

Despite what my opening paragraph says, I tried to keep my personal views out of the article. All of my comments about God and stuff are merely relative to what's presented in the cartoon itself, and don't really reflect my own view of Christianity or religion. It'd be no fun if I started harping on the Bible and such, just like that MLP fanfic commentary would have been terrible if I started bashing the series directly. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

It's no big deal. Bad material is bad material, regardless of the creator's intent.

And this definitely seemed bad.

Foggle