Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I think the guys behind the block legitimately liking SAO within the first few episodes and basing their decision to pick that show up on that is what disappoints me the most about Newnami.

If you're going to be a once a week showcase of what should be the top stuff for your audience, and planning this all out on a limited budget then perhaps you should listen to overall trends and responses rather than the old method of running the ship. I'd say they should take a lesson from Saban's Vortexx block. They don't have much to work with now, but they're rotating out shows and picking out a lot of top performers and proven successes.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Great job, Pharass!

I have to say that I quite enjoyed what I've seen of Mystery Inc., but I lost track of it long ago and that annoying triangle in the early episodes really got on my nerves. If I get the chance I'll give it another go.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Great article, Pharass!

Yeah, Mystery Inc. is awesome and easily the best thing Scooby Doo related ever. The only problem I had with it was the whole love triangle (granted, romantic relationships in animation do tend to annoy or bore me), but that disappeared around the middle of the first season and the second season was bloody fantastic. It's probably the only Scooby Doo show that I'd say is close to being a top favorite of mine, although I do still think the original Where are You? is entertaining and worth an occasional watch.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm also partial to A Pup Named Scooby Doo and a few of the movies like Zombie Island, but I would say what I saw of the show easily stacks up with them and is probably better as a whole.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Heh, I actually loved watching A Pup Named Scooby Doo and the Zombie Island flick as a kid, but they don't really do much for me nowadays, although I certainly don't dislike them either.

Avaitor

Great review, Pharass! Feel free to send us more guest articles! And feel free for all of you to offer us the chance for the same.

Man, I've got to check out the rest of the show. I eventually stopped watching every week when the love triangle really got on my nerves, but since they do eventually cut it back, I'll be glad to give it more of a go.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Pharass

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm really glad that you liked the review and I will definitely write more.
Be seeing you.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Foggle

At my request, Racattack publicly shamed himself watched Equestria Girls and wrote a review! http://animationrevelation.com/readables/?p=1270

Foggle

Daxdiv

On Equestria Girls:

Great review. I would watch it in a theater if it wasn't for the fact that my local theater only shows this at 10 AM, and that's the average time that I even bother to wake up at. That and the fact that I normally work at 11 AM most days. Still interesting to hear that it's pretty watchable.

On Aku No Hana:

I tried watching like the first few episodes of this, I wanted to see what it was about. Other than those scenes where you posted pictures/GIFs of on the board, I never really found it interesting. It was a real snooze fest for me other than those moments that made me go "I NEED AN ADULT! Oh wait... I am one." I swear I dropped it after a few episodes. As for the animation, I didn't care if it was rotoscoped or not, it's what you do with the tools that make it stand out, not just having them, you would have done well to learned that.

Foggle

Aku no Hana is so weird. It's boring as shit, but it also has a lot of diehard fans who insist on referring to it as "the best anime of 2013." I mean, it does have a few things I liked about it, and I probably would have enjoyed it if the pacing wasn't awful, but as it stands it has neither enough style nor substance to sustain a 13 episode anime.

Rynnec

Nice to hear that Equestria Girls isn't as cringe-worthy as people (including myself) thought it would be. Good review, Rac.  EqG is actually showing in my town, though it's unlikely I'll see it.

I haven't seen Aku no Hana, but I will agree with Foggle that it's annoying when people praise something just for being "different from all the other shit". I'd honestly take a well-done moeshit or shounenshit over something that tries to be "different", but is poor in quality and execution.

Foggle

Foggle

Timothy Bourbon Belmonte III, Esq. does not agree with our opinions of Aku no Hana. http://animationrevelation.com/readables/?p=1291