DuckTales

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 06, 2012, 05:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Daxdiv on February 27, 2018, 11:00:51 PM
Pretty sure this is the same stunt they did with both Gravity Falls & Wander where we would go weeks/months without episodes.
Was Gravity Falls constantly pushed back on Disney's account, or was it due to Hirsch's endgame plans? I've never really been sure about that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on February 28, 2018, 01:41:36 PMWas Gravity Falls constantly pushed back on Disney's account, or was it due to Hirsch's endgame plans? I've never really been sure about that.

It's a combination of both. Sometimes Hirsch would take a lot of time to produce one episode just so Disney could air each episode in continuity. Other times, Disney received a handful of episodes and spread them out since there were so few available.

LumRanmaYasha

These shows take a while to make. It makes sense that Disney would spread out the episodes and take relatively short breaks so that they don't have to go multiple months to a year without any new episodes to show.

Daikun

New episodes should start in May.

I'm praying that these aren't delayed. Disney's TV premieres have been awfully slow compared to previous years.

Peanutbutter

Used to think their schedule people were dumb, but now I've come to the conclusion that they're trying to fight Netflix by making people anticipate their shows as much as possible. A little silly, but I can see the logic.

Avaitor

Yeah, I kind of get it, but I really don't like that we had to wait so long for more episodes.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Half a year between episodes is a bit much.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Technically not Ducktales, but a Three Caballeros show came out of nowhere. With at least 3 episodes out there online.

Dr. Insomniac

I've been catching up with the show, and one of my major gripes is how little of a role Donald has in contrast to the advertising last year. It makes Agnones' claims of the new show being truer to Barks/Rosa feel uninformed at best, but Donald's lack of appearances causes another problem. There's no anchor in the show. Without him, there's little that keeps the characters together in a larger narrative, and there's little familiarity to keep the show grounded instead of a regular round of "Guess that Celebrity actor". It's like if the Goofy Movie didn't have Goofy and was focused entirely on Max's life in high school. And getting Don Cheadle to play Donald in the season finale only feels like the crew are more interested in casting more and more guest stars than doing what they said they would do. While I'm sure they didn't mean it that way, it seems like an insult to Tony Anselmo to not only sideline him throughout this season, but to temporarily replace him for an episode. Even if they're using the excuse that Donald's typical voice would distract from the story, I think Anselmo's more than earned the right to do a normal voice Donald. He did it in one of those recent Mickey Mouse shorts, for instance.

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 24, 2018, 05:20:04 PMI've been catching up with the show, and one of my major gripes is how little of a role Donald has in contrast to the advertising last year. It makes Agnones' claims of the new show being truer to Barks/Rosa feel uninformed at best, but Donald's lack of appearances causes another problem. There's no anchor in the show.

Frank Angones has addressed that on his Tumblr. Donald will be featured more prominently in season 2.

Avaitor

I agree about the lack of Donald being disappointing, which is funny, because I was initially worried that he'd take attention away from Scrooge. I wonder if the Three Caballeros show being made concurrently has any reason for them sidelining him.

Or really, it seems like the show is more interested in the nephews and Webby than anyone else, which is... weird. The nephews have never been the most appealing characters in any incarnation of Scrooge adventures. Scrooge and Launchpad were supposed to be the selling points here, and the latter has only been prominently used in about a third of the show thus far. And while I appreciate the show's attempt to develop the nephews as separate entities, they're still far from my favorite characters on the show. I much prefer the new Webby (and this is coming from someone who actually did like the original character) and Beakley, never mind when we do get to see Scrooge, Donald, and Launchpad.

New blog!

Avaitor

Volume 4 is finally being released!

It should be available from the Disney Movie Club later this month, and if their past Disney Afternoon releases were any indication, it should be released outside of it not too long after. I'm thinking of giving the club another try, so I'll let you know if I get it.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

So they're finally finishing it off. I wonder if they're going to pair it with something else like they did with TaleSpin and Gargoyles. They could easily finish off Rescue Rangers with it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Sounds like it's flying solo. I believe the set's already available to order.

New blog!

Avaitor

New blog!