A Tribute To The Wii

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 24, 2012, 06:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on April 08, 2012, 08:40:36 PM
IMO, NSMBW>DKCR>K64>DKC3>NSMB

Haven't played Return To Dream Land.

I'm sure you'll love it if you liked K64.

Foggle

Which of these three games would you guys recommend most, knowing my tastes?

Red Steel 2
Cursed Mountain
Wario Land: Shake It!

They're all fairly cheap now, and I desperately need to expand my Wii library. I'll pick up some of the more expensive ones (like Return To Dreamland) once I finally attain gainful employment.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 19, 2012, 01:31:12 AM
Which of these three games would you guys recommend most, knowing my tastes?

Red Steel 2
Cursed Mountain
Wario Land: Shake It!

They're all fairly cheap now, and I desperately need to expand my Wii library. I'll pick up some of the more expensive ones (like Return To Dreamland) once I finally attain gainful employment.
Red Steel 2.

Cursed Mountain is a bit shaky from what I heard, and I'm not sure if you would really be into getting 100% in Shake It.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I figured as much. I still intend to get the other two sometime, though. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

It looks like Pandora's Tower might actually make it over here as well.

From impressions, it's supposedly very similar to a PS2-era action game. It might actually be a hack n slash, I'm not sure. still, I'm glad to see that the whole Operation Rainfall thing might be a success.

Now if only we could get Another Code R and Disaster: Day Of Crisis.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Remember that site which pulled out a list of the 10 best games on various retro consoles? They made a top 12 Wii games list here.

The only ones I've played are Galaxy 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy and a bit of Skyward Sword. I definitely agree with the first, I'm fine with the second even if I prefer the Gamecube controls for the first 2, and I still need to finish SS. What do you think?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

I agree on some of it. SMG2 is indeed superior to the original, but not enough that SMG1 should be left out of the list. I also think Kirby's Return to Dreamland easily beats Epic Yarn. But as a whole, I can say most of those choices are indeed good games.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 25, 2012, 12:34:40 AM
Remember that site which pulled out a list of the 10 best games on various retro consoles? They made a top 12 Wii games list here.

The only ones I've played are Galaxy 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy and a bit of Skyward Sword. I definitely agree with the first, I'm fine with the second even if I prefer the Gamecube controls for the first 2, and I still need to finish SS. What do you think?
Rhythm Heaven Fever is like $19.99 now. If you guys like rhythm games, you need to play it. Its probably the best one in the series.

Sakura Wars is a great strategy RPG with adventure game elements. Unfortunately, this is the only one in the series that ever got localized.

I never got to play either Boom Blox, but I've heard good things.

The rest are obviously great, though. The Lost Winds games are among the few WiiWare games I bothered to get.

Spark Of Spirit

Nintendo was on fire with the Wii. It had their best first party output since the SNES. I think the only one they kinda dropped the ball on was Other M, everything else was pretty great. Mario Kart Wii could have used less item spam, though.

Foggle

My Wii top 5:

1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - My favorite 2D platformer.
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - My favorite 3D platformer not named Ratchet & Clank.
3. MadWorld - Greatest usage of motion controls ever. Amazing OST that beats out most non-VG music.
4. Fatal Frame 4 - Scared the shit out of me and my friends. And still does on subsequent playthroughs!
5. House of the Dead: Overkill - Funniest game I've ever played. Great fun with a friend.

Spark Of Spirit

So after putting it off for so long, I noticed Walmart had Punch Out! for $14.98 and finally got it.

I have to say that it is pretty great. It's actually the best Punch Out game by far, too. While I always thought the old games (especially the NES one) were too stiff and unforgiving with the controls, the new one is very loose and has a great feel to it. The atmosphere and music is AAA stuff, they picked the best boxers to return, and Doc Louis is hysterical. I also REALLY appreciate the training mode so I can get used to fighters before facing them, the actual fights are always much harder but the preparation almost feels like watching a video of previous matches that real teams frequently use so it's a very nice touch.

If you guys don't have it yet, it's really hard to not recommend it for sub-$20. If you have a Wii, you should definitely get it!

Honestly, I would like to see Next Level Games to reboot Pro Wrestling with this level of care. Maybe even base it off the N64 AKI wrestlers to start. These guys did a phenomenal job.

Rynnec

I rented Punch Out! Wii back near the end of the summer of 09. Freakin' loved it. The game had a good difficulty curve too, and it never felt unfair. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to fight DK.

Commode

I haven't played it in a while, but we had it in my shop on the ship and there was one underway where we all played the crap out of it for like a week straight.  I think the game was beaten a total of like four or five times that week, all by different people(the same thing happened to DKCR and MKWii).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I loved Punch-Out!!, probably one of the most fun reboots I've tried this generation. Dunno if they should make a sequel or not, but its what cemented Next Level Games as one of my favorite developers now.

Spark Of Spirit

Has anyone played Prince Of Persia Forgotten Sands for the Wii?

It's apparently a completely different game done in the original PS2 PoP trilogy engine (while the HD ones were done in the AC one) and is supposed to be a really good game on its own merit.