A Tribute To The Wii

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 24, 2012, 06:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2012, 01:42:40 AM
Has anyone played Prince Of Persia Forgotten Sands for the Wii?
I've seen gameplay of the Xbox 360 version and it looked pretty good.

Is this one of those cases where the Wii release is completely different or one where it's the same game but with slightly downgraded graphics?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 16, 2012, 10:06:40 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2012, 01:42:40 AM
Has anyone played Prince Of Persia Forgotten Sands for the Wii?
I've seen gameplay of the Xbox 360 version and it looked pretty good.

Is this one of those cases where the Wii release is completely different or one where it's the same game but with slightly downgraded graphics?
I heard it's completely different. But that's based on hearsay.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

At Walmart Kirby's Epic Yarn was $19.84 (after being $50 since it's release) so I finally got a copy for myself. I' unsure as to some Wii games getting price drops but I'm guessing it's to coincide with the decrease in survey value for most games on Club Nintendo.

If only NOA would pull another Pikmin 2 and bring over Disaster: Day Of Crisis for the Selects line.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Rented The Last Story from Play N Trade last night. My friend and I are gonna' play through as much of it together as we can. Hoping it's good; I loved Lost Odyssey and I hear this one has some stealth elements in it.

talonmalon333

I just noticed the lack of Metroid Prime 3 in the first post of this thread.

Foggle

Quote from: Foggle on October 23, 2012, 02:15:11 PM
Rented The Last Story from Play N Trade last night. My friend and I are gonna' play through as much of it together as we can. Hoping it's good; I loved Lost Odyssey and I hear this one has some stealth elements in it.
Wow, what a waste of space. Cool (if awkward) battle system that only takes up about 10% of the game marred by utterly horrendous cutscenes, writing, and animations, and featuring the worst characters in any video game (both personality and visual design). Returning the rental ASAP before I incur any extraneous charges.

Nel_Annette

I haven't broken into the game yet, but that's probably the most negative thing I've seen posted about The last Story. Everywhere else I've seen nothing but praise.  :lol:

Avaitor

Well, if nothing else, it has a really pretty cover.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

I just can't get behind what I played of it. Neither can the guy I played it with, and he's a major JRPG junkie. When your game has very little in the way of actual combat and features such riveting dialogue as "I wish all the pain would just go away!" spouted by crying men who all look like women - not just androgynous, I honestly thought this game had an all-female cast until I heard the voice acting... only one of them is actually a woman - and wear leather outfits that expose their midriffs and thighs, it doesn't really make me want to play it.

As soon as the presumably evil blue-glowing, child-eating tiger appeared, I knew there was no hope for me enjoying this game. Yes, we only played an hour of it, but that was enough.

Nel_Annette

Well, who knows, I might just end up agreeing with you when I get around to playing it. Massive backlog first, though.  :wth:

(And of course, my backlog has been interrupted by Pokemon Black 2.)

Foggle

It probably gets better, but I have very little tolerance for games that put their worst foot forward... especially when I'm accruing $2 charges every day I keep it. :lol: But this just seemed unsalvageable from a writing standpoint. I mean, even fucking Final Fantasy 13 leaves you with some hope that it'll get better after the first hour.

Really though, the dialogue made Resident Evil on the PS1 look masterful. I actually have an easier time taking shit like "master of unlocking" seriously, since at least the characters in RE1 aren't crybabies with horrid designs.

Commode

Huh.  I bought this game recently too, because it was one of those highly praised games that people had been bitching about NoA not localizing it until now, but I haven't had a chance to crack into it.  Now I'm not sure I want to, you make it sound like its similar to the newer Final Fantasy games.

How about Xenoblade?  I bought that one too recently, has anyone tried it?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Quote from: Comeau on October 24, 2012, 03:02:46 PM
Huh.  I bought this game recently too, because it was one of those highly praised games that people had been bitching about NoA not localizing it until now, but I haven't had a chance to crack into it.  Now I'm not sure I want to, you make it sound like its similar to the newer Final Fantasy games.
The combat is really fun, though it could be better. The rest is like a worse modern FF.

QuoteHow about Xenoblade?  I bought that one too recently, has anyone tried it?
Haven't tried it, but my same friend who played Last Story with me (and disliked it) says that Xenoblade is one of his favorite games this gen.

Nel_Annette

I bought them both for the same reasons. Apparently awesome, most likely will be rare soon, blah blah blah. They were both in the same boat so to speak, so in my mind they're kind of related in that way. Whenever I get around to The Last Story, I'll most likely be playing Xenoblade alongside it. I've heard mostly praise for that too, with it having a crap ton of quests and looking beautiful. Though I have heard some grumbling about the battle system ( apparently it's like FF12's?) and that it was overhyped.

I'd really like to play them myself. It sucks that I don't have my own opinion to give you.

talonmalon333

I hear mixed opinions on Xenoblade. Some say it's good, some say it's bad. I have a friend who calls it the worst RPG he's ever played. To be honest, I kind of want to get both games. If they are good, then they'll have been solid game purchases. If they're bad, I can just sell them for more than what I paid, once they become rare. ;D