Juno & The Death Of The Teen Comedy

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 03, 2012, 06:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

The big mainstream names in rap right now are Drake, Nicki and... Iggy. Yikes.

But the big names in the community are Kendrick and Gambino, who are actually both great. Then there's Azalea Banks, whom I don't believe anyone has ever actually listened to her music, but people sure seem to love hearing what she has to say about I-G-G-Y.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Yikes indeed.  Drake will never shake that Degrassi kid stigma in my eyes, Nicki is alright I guess but I dunno how much longer she can last, and like I've said before I simply don't get The Big Book of British Smiles Iggy.

It just seems to me the last worthwhile(?) song from the rap scene was "Turn Down For What", and even then it's a little hard to categorize as "rap".  Or Macklemore, which he wasn't too bad, we just have to see if he can follow up.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

i used to ignore beiber as well but now i don't like him.

i'll never hate lil wayne but i doubt i'll like a few his new songs like i did in my early 20s.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Rap/Hip-hop seems like one of those things that petered out at the end of the 00's, replaced for a short time by dubstep and then by folksy indie music. I'm not even a big fan of hip-hop and I say what the genre was putting out before was at the very least, better than some of the shit that parades around as the new mainstream acts these days. >_>

Foggle

I think both hip hop and rock are just fine these days, but you have to listen to independent artists rather than mainstream ones.

gunswordfist

i sure do like the turn down for what video.

Avaitor

Mainstream rap is mostly a joke these days, but it's nothing compared to bro country.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

i don't even want to know what bro country is.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 26, 2015, 10:48:55 PM
i don't even want to know what bro country is.
It's about getting drunk in your ex's pickup truck on the way to a party.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton