Sequels

Started by gunswordfist, February 19, 2012, 11:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I took far too long to make this thread. Talk about what sequels you'd like to see.

I still want SSX Tricky 2. Fuck that satellite data EA got from dead ass Nasa. I want levels like Tokyo Megaplex. I don't want any large mountains or avalanches or any crap like that. I want creative, self-contained levels with enough hills, ramps, etc. to fly high up in the sky to crazy tricks. No create a character. I just want a cast of creative, balanced characters that have little to no customization.

Contra Hard Corps 2. Yes I know it basically received a sequel but I want an actual sequel with 4 player co-op on and off line. Besides balanced difficulty and upgraded graphics, that's all a new Hard Corps needs. The original already has weapon switching, unique weapons with each characters, multiple paths, multiple endings, bombs and badass bosses.

Still want a new 2D TMNT with 6 player co-op (Casey Jones and Master Splinter). I've also been thinking having villains like the Shredder, Rocksteady & Bebop unlockable would...rock. But I know, too good of a thing.

Einhander 2. I don't even need to make a case for the greatest PS1 game.

The Warriors 2. I wish Rockstar would get the rights back to this game. They could make a "game sequel" to the movie. The Warriors could try to break Ajax out of jail in it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

SiN Episode 2. It's been six goddamn years since Episode 1 and that game was way too awesome to not see a second installment. Mumbo Jumbo can fuck right off for buying out Ritual.

House of the Dead: Overkill 2. Hopefully the Extended Cut sells enough copies to fund a sequel (starring Isaac Washington and Agent G again, please!).

Painkiller 2 by People Can Fly or Croteam. It would be glorious.

Metal Slug 8. 7 was a great return to form (and the XX version was near perfection), so I know SNK's still got it.

Fear Effect 3. First two were amazing and Inferno looked to be even better before it was cancelled. Maybe Square could give it to Eidos Montreal after they finish up Thief 4.

Banjo-Threeie. My inner five year old needs this so badly.

gunswordfist

Oh yeah, People Can Fly. I want a Bulletstorm 2 with co-op.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 20, 2012, 12:08:25 AM

Banjo-Threeie. My inner five year old needs this so badly.

As my 100th response to you in a week I ask, didn't they already kinda do that for the 360, but with a different name? I never played that one, so maybe I'm wrong.

Foggle

Yes, but it wasn't a platformer and was more of a spin-off than a sequel. That would be like calling Resident Evil: Survivor "Resident Evil 4" because it was the fourth game they released.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on February 20, 2012, 12:21:35 PM
Yes, but it wasn't a platformer and was more of a spin-off than a sequel. That would be like calling Resident Evil: Survivor "Resident Evil 4" because it was the fourth game they released.
:lol:

gunswordfist

Sequel for the greatest PS1 game, Einhander.
Another 3D Blaster Master.
Tobal No. 3.
Fighting Force 3 (Co-op beat em up, please.)

gunswordfist

I want 2D Spyro and a Bomberman game with mutliplayer levels as good as 64.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 06, 2012, 11:05:36 PM
I want 2D Spyro and a Bomberman game with mutliplayer levels as good as 64.
Have you played this? or this?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As always, I want a new 2D Ninja Gaiden game....I'm still waiting, and waiting, and waiting....its never going to come, is it? :imnothappy:

Spark Of Spirit

We'll have to see when the 3DS game is revealed. I doubt it'll be a Dragon Sword style game since the whole 3D would be lost, but I also doubt they would port a 3D game to it as well.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

They already ported Ninja Gaiden Sigma to the Vita, so I highly doubt that they would be porting that game to the 3DS as well since they would have done it already if that was the case. That said, I have SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO little faith in anyone working at Tecmo anymore that I highly doubt we will ever see another 2D Ninja Gaiden game as long as its being run by the same morons who are running it now. Fans have asked for a new 2D Ninja Gaiden game for over a decade and haven't even received an acknowledgement of the classics. Also, if NG3 is any indication, Tecmo is far more interested in copying what other more popular games are doing rather than expanding on what made the elements of either the classic or modern Ninja Gaiden games so great.

Rynnec

Well, Tecmo could always outsource to another developer to make a new 2D Ninja Gaiden, similar to what Konami did with Hard Corps Uprising.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on May 06, 2012, 11:35:05 PM
Well, Tecmo could always outsource to another developer to make a new 2D Ninja Gaiden, similar to what Konami did with Hard Corps Uprising.
Ninja Gaiden Way4ward?