DC Nation

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 21, 2012, 07:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

@Avaitor: Yeah, admittedly its still an odd decision. My guess would be that since it was done on short notice, someone at CN or WB or the top brass at Time Warner put pressure on them to delay the rest of the episodes so they have more new content when Teen Titans and Beware the Batman are ready.

Also, and I'm not sure this the case because of Green Lantern, but apparently DC lost the legal rights to the Milestone characters somehow. I doubt this had anything to do with it, but it's worth mentioning.

Quote from: Nel on October 14, 2012, 02:53:13 AM
Quote from: Silverstar on October 13, 2012, 12:44:12 PM
You should see how people at Toon Zone are freaking out over this. :butbut:

1. Today I learned that their is a whole sub-board of TZ full of users I have never even met on other boards thanks to this fiasco.
2. Today I learned that DC Nation was a thing. Honestly never even heard of this block before yesterday.  :wth:

:SHOCK:

Wait are you serious? How could you have watched Young Justice or Green Lantern without knowing about DC Nation? Have you not seen the shorts?  ???

Nel_Annette

I believe I watched one episode of GL and YJ each once, but I didn't even realize that they were a part of a bigger block. Guess I'm just really out of the loop these days.  :sweat:

Avaitor

You didn't see any of the shorts that accompany the block?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

Nope.  ??? I mean, I know Lauren Faust and others were doing shorts, but I thought that was for a half-hour special or something. The more I look into this, the more I can't believe I missed that this existed.

Peanutbutter

People on Facebook are really being idiots over this. Its one thing to be mad but telling Cartoon Network they suck and throwing insults at them especially when posts on Facebook can be deleted is really boneheaded. At least at TZ several posters agreed that people need to be civil about sending notices to them.

With these people, I'm getting the feeling these are the same jackasses that bothered Greg Weisman over the time skip.  :bleh:

Goldstar

Some fans of DC Nation are indeed going a little wacko with their complaints/threats to Cartoon Network over this, but that's not to say that some of the bile that's being spewed isn't justified. Irrational as some of these fans are being, they do have a right to be a little angry.

The problem as I see it isn't so much that CN put the DC Nation block on hiatus until January 2013, it's that the network did it without announcing their intention to do so. If CN had released some sort of notification 7 days, 48 hours, or even 24 hours in advance, I don't think the responses to this would have been nearly as negative as they've been. Instead, we got many fans tuning in on Saturday morning expecting to see new episodes of Green Lantern: TAS and Young Justice who were shocked to see back-to-back reruns of Dragons: Riders of Berk instead. If the network had given even the slightest consideration for it's fans, they would have given them a heads-up. I'm not defending the haters by any means, but I understand the reason why they're acting the way that they are.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

Not to mention that they put the shows back on hiatus only 2 weeks after they returned. It's a raw deal all-in-all, but at least CN eventually responded to this change directly.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Well if nothing else, the episodes of Dragons that replaced DC Nation did over 700K less in the ratings than the previous week's airing of the block did, which means that we aren't the only ones who are pissed off about it being pulled off.

Then again, the following day's airings of Johnny Test in DCN's place did over 100K better than the previous week's airing of that block. But that's not really a big deal, since the Sunday airings are just repeats of the previous day's shows, and comedies almost always do better than action shows for kids nowadays, especially a proven smash like JT.

New blog!

Silverstar

Starting this Saturday, Green Lantern: TAS and Young Justice will begin airing on Boomerang during the 9-10PM (EST) hour.

I don't know if Boom will be airing the shorts and filler segments as well, or just the GL and YJ episodes.

A conspiracy-minded person could assume that this means that DC Nation is done on Cartoon Network, or it could just be a cross-promotion.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Repeats or new episodes?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Hopefully not new episodes- for a lot of reasons... but not altogether bad news.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Silverstar

Quote from: Avaitor on October 30, 2012, 05:01:43 PM
Repeats or new episodes?

Da Boom's schedule didn't specify, but I'm thinking repeats, since CN promised that the block would return to the network in January. But that was just a single tweet; if the new episodes start airing on Boomerang, then that'll basically confirm peoples' fears that DC Nation is kaput.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Well according to CN's FB page, the Boom will be getting back-to-back repeats of Young Justice, and CN is still getting new episodes of both shows in January.

At least we have that.

New blog!

Goldstar

Just a quick heads-up:

I was watching The Amazing World of Gumball this afternoon and during it, Cartoon Network aired a promo stating that DC Nation will be returning on January 5, 2013.

So the conspiracy theorists who have been insisting that the block was canceled can be given some new found hope for CN.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Goldstar on December 27, 2012, 08:38:15 PM
Just a quick heads-up:

I was watching The Amazing World of Gumball this afternoon and during it, Cartoon Network aired a promo stating that DC Nation will be returning on January 5, 2013.

So the conspiracy theorists who have been insisting that the block was canceled can be given some new found hope for CN.

Unfortunately, that won't stop VileOne and certain others over at TZ from doom-saying. It's not a guarantee that Young Justice or Green Lantern will get renewed. Sadly, we'll have to wait until April with their Upfront meeting to find out it's renewed or not; and even that isn't a guarantee either because other shows on CN have showed up intact on there even after not being listed.

But anyway, even if they are canceled, I'm still certain DC Nation itself should be fine with Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go! left to air. I am at least glad to hear too that CN has started promoting DC Nation's return already.