Saturday Night Live

Started by Spark Of Spirit, September 12, 2011, 08:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I keep on working on Saturdays, so I always miss the opportunity anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

If any of you have VH1 Classic, they are running a 19 day marathon(yes, this will beat FXX's marathon of The Simpsons last year) starting tonight at 7pm Eastern.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

The era they've been playing over the last couple days, late 80s/early 90s, has been so solid.  I wish these episodes were on TV more often.

Speedy

^ Unfortunately no VH1 for me.

But Saturday's vintage ep. was Patrick Swayze.  That means, you guessed it, the Chippendale's and Hans & Frans "questioning his own sexuality" sketches.  Good stuff, but again, I already have both of those on a couple SNL DVDs I own.

Avaitor

I keep on working on Saturdays, and haven't had a chance to watch the marathon. I think that I'm even going to miss the 40th anniversary...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Anybody watching the 40th Anniversary special?  They had a good Celebrity Jeopardy sketch, other than that so far a bunch of montages.

Speedy

Quote from: Comeau on February 15, 2015, 07:59:19 PM
Anybody watching the 40th Anniversary special?  They had a good Celebrity Jeopardy sketch, other than that so far a bunch of montages.
I watched it, all 3 1/2 hours.  I hope it comes to DVD.

Daikun

That was a great special!

Pros: It was great seeing revivals of the old sketches we haven't seen in years. Celebrity Jeopardy was obvious and was great to see again, but holy crap! WAYNE & GARTH? :huh: It was also nice to have a tribute video for the departed.

Cons: Most of the recurring cast seemed underutilized (i.e. David Spade, Jim Carrey). They listed off so many people and didn't put them to good use. Also, what was the deal with that Kanye West video? It felt like a waste of the limited time they had left.

Aside from that, it was a great reunion.

Nel_Annette

I didn't catch the whole thing, but I saw the bit where Bill Murray was singing the "Love Theme from Jaws". I was nearly crying from laughter.

"You got-damn JAAWssss!"

Daikun

Daikun

R.I.P. Norm MacDonald

Man, this one hits hard for me. He was the only Weekend Update host to fit Chevy Chase's huge shoes, and all his roles (on and off SNL) were funny to boot.

Peanutbutter

Loved Norm, glad I watched his run on SNL. Utterly pathetic that the show to this day has not come up with so much as a single good comic to fill in for him. They likely never will, since NBC is just irreversibly incompetent it seems.