Level E

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 10, 2011, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I watched the first few episodes a while back and just dropped out of it somehow. I'm catching up now and really enjoying it.

I'm on the Color Rangers arc now and I'm digging it myself. It's a fun storyarc that reminds me of kids films from back when. I especially thought that the Final Fantasy-inspired opening in episode 7, which I'm on now, was cute.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I did really enjoy the Color Rangers arc myself, but mostly in the manga, but maybe that's only because Togashi was able to cram some more subtle jokes in there. The anime didn't do anything wrong with it, though, and I still did enjoy it myself as a fun parody of all of the basic things that you would expect kids to like (power ranger style super heroes, video games, fantasy worlds, etc.), but it was probably my least favorite story arc in the series, if only because I have to be more in a certain mood to enjoy that style of humor.

My personal favorite short story that Togashi did was the 4th episode in which most of it is a fictional story within the fictional Universe of Level E, created by Prince Baka. It really makes me wish that Togashi would try to tackle a full Sci-Fi noir type series sometime in the future. It may have only been a single chapter/episode, but IMO its probably the most memorable short story in the series. I also really liked the one in which Yukitaka and his baseball team get trapped in someone's mind (really reminded me of Inception in some ways, though this was written years before it, obviously), though the anime kind of rushed it so it wasn't as effective as in the manga.

As far as characters go, my favorite one of the main-stay characters is definitely Craft. I find it really easy to sympathize with him through all of this yet I find the misery that he goes through having to be a body guard for Prince Baka to be the highlight of this show's comedy-based aspects. My favorite short-story character would have to be Yukitaka.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, FUNimation has officially licensed this series. I quite liked the anime, so I can't wait to see a good dub for it. Now  if they would just licensed the new Hunter X Hunter anime, they would have all 3 of Togashi's main works in their collection. ;)

Foggle

Do they have the original HxH anime?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

No, Viz has the original, and the dub for it is horrid. That's yet another big reason for why I want FUNimation to acquire the dub for the new HXH anime.