Most Anticipated Movies of 2012

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, March 16, 2012, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

My mom actually wants to see Dark Shadows.  :humhumhum:

As of this typing, though, it's actually back up to 41% on RT (couple of good reviews smattered in between). Not that that makes any difference; it still doesn't interest me.

Avaitor

Eh, RT ratings don't really mean much at the end of the day. I mean, Cars 2 was at 100% a couple of weeks before it came out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

RT is only a good source if you're walking in blind on a film. Otherwise, it's pretty useless.

All I know is Frankenweenie's trailer looked awful before the Avengers and Dark Shadows looks like Seltzer & Friedberg wanted to make a Burton film.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Well, hey, it's not like I'm pointing that out as a reason to go see it or anything. Just saying that the percentages did go up a bit from where they started.  :P

For the record, as I already said, I think it looks pretty bad. I had no interest in seeing it before the trailer anyway, and now I have even less.

Avaitor

I'd say that Burton should take a break from using Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in every movie (Danny Elfman too, but eh, he already did break that spree with Sweeney Todd), but at this point, I don't think that'll save his movies. He's gone too "dark" and "weird" for his own good as of late.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Screw you guys, Rocky Horror is amazing.

Quote from: Kiddington on May 08, 2012, 06:28:43 PM
So does mine, since she remembers the TV show.

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 08, 2012, 07:21:32 PM
Quote from: Foggle on May 08, 2012, 07:05:50 PM
Just get them some of this instead.
My mom hated Dark Shadows, though. She wants to see this because she thinks it's a parody of the TV show (which it might be, I have no idea).

Avaitor

Or you can just watch the show on Netflix.

My mom wants to see it too, since she loved the show. You know, middle-aged women isn't exactly a desired demographic for the media today, and it seems like this is which demo the film is going to succeed the most in. That might be a good or bad thing.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 08, 2012, 07:25:46 PM

My mom wants to see it too, since she loved the show. You know, middle-aged women isn't exactly a desired demographic for the media today, and it seems like this is which demo the film is going to succeed the most in. That might be a good or bad thing.
The CW caters to them.

And is doing an absolutely horrendous job at it, I might add!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 08, 2012, 07:28:24 PM

The CW caters to them.

CW's been doing a shit job ever since they lost Reaper.

Avaitor

They're losing like, half their shows this season.

Also, I was surprised to find out that One Tree Hill ended a few weeks ago. Surprised that it was still running. My sister used to be a big fan of that show, but I thought it ended years ago.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 08, 2012, 07:29:51 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 08, 2012, 07:28:24 PM

The CW caters to them.

CW's been doing a shit job ever since they lost Reaper.
IIRC, they intentionally buried it because it wasn't the demographic Ostroff wanted. Which was a bad idea, and the first of many bad ideas the network has had. Designing a whole network on a specific demographic of audience is a terrible idea. This isn't a niche cable channel, it's supposed to be a network for general audiences.

But I digress.

I'm not much of a Burton fan, but he does good work. (Batman, Big Fish, and Sweeney Todd were good films) This just looks bad.

Dr. Insomniac

I used to like Burton, but I can never forgive him for the Futterwacken.

Avaitor

Ed Wood and Sweeney Todd will forever remain in my favorites, and Beetlejuice is up there as well. But Dark Shadows, Alice and Frankenweenie? I dunno.

Is he still doing that Maleficent movie? I know it's happening, but I'm not sure if he's still attached.

New blog!