Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 11:41:25 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on April 28, 2012, 11:37:41 PM
Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 11:35:17 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on April 28, 2012, 11:33:31 PM
He also worked on that Speed Racer reboot that the same company who made Kappa Mikey also created. So yeah.
Never heard about this. I assume it was shit?

Yes.
*3 minutes in*

FFFFFFFuck no.

Quote43 likes, 2 dislikes

Mother of god.

After reading the comments, I'm convinced that fourstarball4 found a way to like it 43 times.

It would explain everything.

Avaitor

Another week, another Cartoon Planet

Courage
Chowder
Flapjack
Foster's

So-so set. The Bendy episode of Foster's was on, blah. I also wasn't crazy on the Flapjack, even though June Foray was in it. I loved the Courage ep though, the Louvre one.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Avaitor

I don't hate any of those myself, although I'm not as big on Foster's as I used to be. But yeah, better these than Gym Partner or Lazlo.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Also, holy shit, this is amazing.

Practically every show that matters is in here. Well, except for any of the DCAU series, Billy & Mandy, Courage, and Samurai Jack. Oh, and the good Clone Wars.

New blog!

Commode

Woah, that's pretty cool.  I've noticed CN has been airing these cool little bumpers that mix several cartoons together(one has the the different toon cars throughout the years, and ends with the Regular Show golf cart crashing into the Flintstone-mobile).

One thing I noticed though is even in this promo CN couldn't spring for remastered LT prints, scenes from cartoons like Hair Raising Hare and The Great Piggy Bank Robbery were pretty faded.  This may have been intentional, they are kinda famous for being shown like that on TV, but it still stood out.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah, I think they still air the old AAP prints for the LT shorts Turner still owns. It's about time they changed that.

And we posted those bumpers on here earlier. It's cool to see CN do something to commemorate their anniversary. Nick didn't do anything for their 30th, so here's hoping that CN will still be around to do stuff like this for theirs.

New blog!

Daxdiv

This was probably one of the best things ever made. One great montage of CN's past shows and current. That and I thought the music they used was well blended.

I have seen the other bumps that have appear as well. Most of the time I see the one with Daffy and Mordecai playing video games. My favorite one is the one with Tom, Gumball and Top Cat. Just some of my favorite cartoon cats.

Commode

I think Netflix needs to make a better deal with Warner Bros. Distribution or something, because I would just love to watch some Flintstones or Jetsons or PPG or Cow and Chicken on the service.  They've done a good job at putting all the old Nicktoons on it, now Cartoon Network needs some love.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

It is kind of weird, though, thet they overdubbed some of the characters in that video. Fred's voice is kind of obnoxious, but the real headscratcher is why they couldn't get Jeff Bennet to voice Johnny in it.

New blog!

Avaitor

I was celebrating Mother's Day a couple of days early when Cartoon Planet aired, since my mom works late today and my sister was in town, so I'm just watching my recording now. Here's my ranking.

Johnny Bravo
Dexter's Lab
I Am Weasel
Billy & Mandy
Kids Next Door

The Dexter and Johnny episodes were about equal though. And the obvious lowlight was KND. I forgot how racist Numbah 3's voice kinda maybe sorta is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I keep forgetting about this until I see one of your posts. My bad memory is quite annoying.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, it does seem like I'm the only one catching up. But you aren't really missing much, I guess. They're already repeating the Brak and Zorak sketches.

New blog!

Kiddington

Doesn't EK like KND?  :sly:

Yeah, I missed it again, although I hardly regret it whenever I see the lineup. This week I kinda do, though; I've always had a soft spot for I Am Weasel.

Goldstar

I've been watching Cartoon Planet every week (so far). Primarily because there's pretty much nothing better on at that time. Seeing these 90s era Cartoon-Cartoons is OK, but honestly, I think that CP would be a bigger deal for me if I didn't have Boomerang where I can watch Dexter's Lab, Cow & Chicken and The Powerpuff Girls pretty much every night.  It is an experience seeing Foster's  shorts again for the 1st time in years, though.

The Brak and Zorak wraparounds are OK also, but I admit that I miss Space Ghost. The whole thing just seems incomplete with just SG's arch "frenemies" and not SG himself. The thing is, the only reason why Space Ghost wasn't included is because SG would have required too many lip movements to animate.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!