Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I remember that. Hong Kong Phooey was a part of that as well.

Speaking of this, do you guys remember that Godzilla cartoon with Godzooky? He was like Scrappy, but even worse, if you can believe it. I still watched it if nothing else was on though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Silverstar

I remember HB's Godzilla cartoon. I remember Godzooky, but I don't really recall anything specific about him except he was the requisite Annoying Comic Relief Pet/Mascot character, which was a staple of HB cartoons at the time. IIRC, he was supposed to be Godzilla's nephew or cousin or something.

IIRC, the Godzilla toon ran by itself for a season, then the following year NBC paired it with reruns of The Super Globetrotters.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

hobbyfan

Godzooky was in fact meant to be Godzilla's nephew. Preceded Scrappy-Doo by a year.

@Silverstar: Godzilla started off with the Godzilla Power Hour, which had Jana of the Jungle as a backup feature, created and produced by Jonny Quest's creator, Doug Wildey. Jonny reruns were added about two months in, changing the title to Godzilla Super 90. Jana was cancelled after 1 season, leaving 'Zilla all alone, as you noted, until they put together a block with 'Zilla, the abysmal Super Globetrotters (Impossibles ripoff), & Hong Kong Phooey reruns.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

The Shadow Gentleman

I'm....not entirely sure which emotion to use for that.

Kiddington

And they even got the original voice actors to boot. Charming.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Kiddington on January 29, 2013, 09:43:20 PM
And they even got the original voice actors to boot. Charming.

Charlie Adler does play a regular character on the show itself, Professor Blarney T. Hokester, so it wouldn't be hard to get him to voice that small bit.

Avaitor

I thought it was kinda cute. At least hearing Charlie Adler again.

The designs are creepy as fuck though.

New blog!

Mr. Big

Can't stand Ben 10, but that cameo was great.

Avaitor

I figured that I'd bring this over here, but this is my current collection of Cartoon Network shows on DVD-

Johnny Bravo Season 1
Ed, Edd n' Eddy Seasons 1 and 2
Samurai Jack Seasons 1 an 4
Billy & Mandy's Big Boogie Adventure
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Season 1

Previously owned:

The Powerpuff Girls Season 1 (traded in when the complete series set was announced in hopes of getting it- this has still yet to happen)
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy Season 1 (traded in when it became apparent that the rest of the show was not coming out, and didn't feel like having it since season 1 sucks)

I didn't add in any of the DVDs I own from shows that aired on CN, but weren't made by them, since that would be a lot longer. Unless you want me to.

New blog!

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on March 15, 2013, 02:12:42 AM
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy Season 1 (traded in when it became apparent that the rest of the show was not coming out, and didn't feel like having it since season 1 sucks)

Ooooh, that's a shame. You could've fetched a decent price for it with a little effort.

I still own that set by the way, but just can't bring myself to part with it. Maybe if I was strapped for cash and I had to, but otherwise... nope. I'm keeping it.

Avaitor

Quote from: Kiddington on March 15, 2013, 02:15:57 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 15, 2013, 02:12:42 AM

Ooooh, that's a shame. You could've fetched a decent price for it with a little effort.
Damn. Better than the 3 or 4 buck store credit I got from FYE.

Even though their prices are jacked up way too high (well, they're up to MSRP prices, but that's still too much more often than not), their return prices are crap. But IIRC, I did get a copy of Castle of Cagliostro out of it.

...which I ended up trading elsewhere after it hit Netflix. But I got my SNES out of that!

New blog!

Kiddington

Some of these discontinued sets, for whatever reason, are really overpriced at this point. This one's even worse.

Must've had a really short print run.