Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

So i found out that CN's airing The Flintstones now, before Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry.

That's pretty fucking awesome.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I've been meaning to catch up on The Flintstones on Boomerang.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

I thought I heard something about The Jetsons being in the mix as well, but I have yet to see it.

Either way though, that's still pretty cool.

Avaitor

Well they did show The Jetsons Christmas Carol episode along with the Flintstones Christmas episode and Christmas Carol movie, so I can see it happen. They also showed the Ed, Edd, n' Eddy Christmas special also aired this year, and EEnE came back this week too.

They also showed the PPG and JB Christmas specials, so those might come back too. Who knows?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

Isn't there a new Johnny Bravo movie that's supposed to air sometime this year?  I could be wrong, but I thought I saw that somewhere.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah, Johnny Bravo Does Bollywood I believe. I think only India and Australia are getting it for now though, but if Australia's getting it, we should too eventually.

New blog!

Foggle

Daxdiv

Cool! Hey, if the PPG could get a 10 year anniversary special despite not airing on CN proper for many years, I can't see why they wouldn't air a Johnny Bravo special. Bollywood and Johnny Bravo alone have me sold on this special.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Oh shit, when did this happen?

JB's kinda hit or miss for me, but I would love to see that Bollywood movie when it airs. You just don't see that kind of hilarious misogyny in kids shows anymore.

Avaitor

Apparently they made a short with the same plot for CN India a couple of years ago, and it was so well-received that CN decided to make a full movie based off of the idea.

Or something to that effect. I forget the story.

New blog!

Commode

I thought this was somewhat common knowledge honestly.  I could have sworn there's been at least one topic about it on TZ, but to hell with me actually looking for it.

gunswordfist

HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

Avaitor

So CN's online store has some shirts up for their older shirts, a lot of which I haven't seen at Hot Topic or anywhere.

These are some of my favorites.

New blog!

Kiddington

Here's a rather unexpected surprise (and delightful treat): starting March 30th, CN is apparently bringing back Cartoon Cartoon Friday's as a nostalgia block, ala 90's Are All That.

Nothing sounds official yet, but everybody seems pretty confident that this WILL actually happen (they're expected to announce it at the Upfronts). Apparently, people are also saying in another thread that the block will also be hosted by Brak and Zorak (!!), though again, nothing is official as of right now.

I gotta say, if this really is true, this is just plain awesome in so many ways. I think I can speak for all of us when I say I've been waiting years for a CN nostalgia block, and it looks like they're finally ready to deliver. Hopefully this means they'll throw in a montage or two of the old ads from yesteryear on top of that; CN's advertising back then was top notch, and I'd love to see some of these old commercials again.

So yeah, sounds like CN really does plan on doing something special for their 20th anniversary after all. Given the current regime, I really wasn't expecting much (if anything at all), but this quite a nice surprise, I must say.