Ultimate Spider-Man

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 25, 2012, 08:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

As you all know, the new spider-Man show is beginning on April 1st on Disney XD. Is anyone here anticipating this as much as hopeful Spider-fans?

I just recently saw the commercial for the show and it looks so unbelievably generic.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

I don't want to be a fanboy and say "They scrapped SSM for this?", but... Hoping it's just a poor trailer.

GaryPotter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 25, 2012, 08:07:54 PM
I just recently saw the commercial for the show and it looks so unbelievably generic.
That's how you know it's a Disney show.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 25, 2012, 08:22:42 PM
I don't want to be a fanboy and say "They scrapped SSM for this?", but... Hoping it's just a poor trailer.
Don't worry, I'll fill that role for you.

They scrapped SSM for this?

Rynnec

The clips I've seen give me a sort of Danny Phantom vibe. meh.

If nothing else, I like the animation and art-style. I wish it had gone to Avengers: EMH instead.

gunswordfist

Way to suck out any chance of me looking into it. :wth:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on March 25, 2012, 11:59:54 PM
The clips I've seen give me a sort of Danny Phantom vibe. meh.

If nothing else, I like the animation and art-style. I wish it had gone to Avengers: EMH instead.
Danny Phantom. :shit:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think that saying it looks generic is being FAR too nice to it. Honestly, it looks like crap. And I don't just mean that it looks bad in comparison to TSSM. I mean that it looks like the exact kind of crap that plagues most modern cartoons, which I sincerely hate. To be fair I can't judge an entire show based just on a trailer, but somehow I get the feeling that the trailer may end up being better than the actual show, and going by that commercial....that'll be a VERY sad thing if it turns out to be true. :whuh:

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 26, 2012, 11:50:07 PM
I think that saying it looks generic is being FAR too nice to it. Honestly, it looks like crap. And I don't just mean that it looks bad in comparison to TSSM. I mean that it looks like the exact kind of crap that plagues most modern cartoons, which I sincerely hate. To be fair I can't judge an entire show based just on a trailer, but somehow I get the feeling that the trailer may end up being better than the actual show, and going by that commercial....that'll be a VERY sad thing if it turns out to be true. :whuh:
Basically, this. Word for word this. USM looks bloody awful. :imnothappy:

Daxdiv

Looks like one of those cartoons you would see on the TV in the background of some show like The Simpsons, Family Guy or South Park to name a few. You know, a parody of these shows that the characters watch to fill time or something. I'm going to try to give the show a chance, of course it does depend on my work schedule.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So that makes me the only one anticipating this show?

Maybe it's just because I'm always willing to give anything Spidey related a chance, but it doesn't look that bad to me. The animation looks smooth, the characters seem vibrant and witty, and the action looks decent enough. Plus with all the cameos in the trailers I've seen, I'm guessing this one's going for a Brave and the Bold approach except with a much younger star.

Spark Of Spirit

It's going to come down to the writing, but... Man Of Action isn't really the best in that area.

I'll keep an open mind, but it doesn't look all that from the commercials.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

GaryPotter

I'm really wishing all the babies over at the Marvel Animation forums would shut the absolute fuck up about TSSM. It's dead. Make your gigantic raging hard-ons go away.

Foggle

People will always complain when something they like changes or goes away. It's human nature, and the internet makes it far easier for people to express that hate in less reasonable ways. That's why I stay the hell away from most gaming forums.

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on March 27, 2012, 05:06:09 PM
So that makes me the only one anticipating this show?

Maybe it's just because I'm always willing to give anything Spidey related a chance, but it doesn't look that bad to me. The animation looks smooth, the characters seem vibrant and witty, and the action looks decent enough. Plus with all the cameos in the trailers I've seen, I'm guessing this one's going for a Brave and the Bold approach except with a much younger star.
I used to read the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, which were actually quite good until the Deadpool volume IMO, but this doesn't really remind me of them at all. I think that's why it looks so bad to me. Skewed expectations and whatnot. :immad:

gunswordfist

:shit: Jesus, you made it that far? I had to stop reading a little bit after the Sinister Six or whatever the hell it was called.