THIS BETTER BE A RUMOR

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 30, 2012, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So I assume the digital direction is real based on this just being announced.

Such a shame to see a promising new series being reduced to this so quickly.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Huh, Yakuza isn't a AAA IP? It's their top seller in Japan. Maybe they were just talking about English games...

Spark Of Spirit

They meant worldwide. Those four IPs are the best consistent sellers all over the world, not just in one territory.

What this means is that Sega needs to step up their back-catalog game. That's right, put the Saturn, Sega CD, 32x, and Dreamcast libraries out there as well as TONS more Master System on the download services. This is close to free money or them, and they have so much just sitting there unused. At the very least release them on the Wii-U virtual console and on PC, retro games sell very well there.

Heck, maybe they'll let Atlus or XSeed publish Yakuza 5, so it won't be a total loss.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I feel stupid for asking for a Streets Of Rage Remake remake today. :unimpressed:

I went to see them release Crusader Of Centy, all the 2D Shinobi that aren't on XBLA yet and Wonderboy In Shinobi World (That's what it's called, right?)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Alex Kidd In Shinobi World.

gunswordfist

Shit  :D Well I've never played it and only heard about it once years ago :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

Daikun

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 11, 2012, 12:25:39 AMStrange addition to this rumor

That would be awkward.

Awkward? More like awesome.

I know it's not gonna happen (it would be like Marvel and DC merging--sounds great, but NO WAY is it happening), but if it involves getting Sonic out of Sega's hands (let's face it; they've been sucking at it for a loooooong time) and bringing their older, lesser-used properties back, I'd be all for it.

gunswordfist