The Flintstones reboot is dead.

Started by GaryPotter, April 26, 2012, 01:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on April 26, 2012, 07:12:40 PM
You all probably know that I'm the biggest Flintstones fan on here, but yeah, the last season or two became too silly and family-oriented for its own good, and most of the spin-offs and specials aren't worth remembering or discovering.
That's a given for any animated series. Isn't the Flintstones the longest running cartoon series or did The Simpson surpass it when I wasn't looking?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 27, 2012, 05:50:13 PM
You all probably know that I'm the biggest Flintstones fan on here, but yeah, the last season or two became too silly and family-oriented for its own good, and most of the spin-offs and specials aren't worth remembering or discovering.
That's a given for any animated series. Isn't the Flintstones the longest running cartoon series or did The Simpson surpass it when I wasn't looking?
The Flintstones only ran for 6 seasons. The Simpsons is on its 23rd last time I checked.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on April 27, 2012, 05:53:58 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 27, 2012, 05:50:13 PM
The Flintstones only ran for 6 seasons. The Simpsons is on its 23rd last time I checked.
This is what I get for using childhood knowledge.

Commode

The Simpsons surpassed The Flintstones way back in 1997, with the Poochie episode no less.  Where the hell have you been?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Hey, go suck a yellow Simpsons dick! :anger:

Commode

I would, but it's physically impossible.

Unless some weirdo out there makes plushies of Homer with a wiener on it....
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Comeau on April 27, 2012, 06:30:54 PM
I would, but it's physically impossible.

Unless some weirdo out there makes plushies of Homer with a wiener on it....
What about the Homer from this?

Daikun

Since Seth's project is out of commission, WB is doing something else with The Flintstones.

LumRanmaYasha

And people thought MacFarlene was going to ruin the franchise's credibility....  :>

To be honest, I think it lost it when they were shelling out half-assed specials and awful spinoffs, and never recovered it since, but I guess that's just me. :sweat:

Daxdiv

I forever blame the Rock calling John Cena's "Fruty Pebbles" as the main reason as to why this might be a thing.

Peanutbutter

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I remember reading a survey a while back WWE sent out to gauge interest for projects in animation.

It's just funny to see how out of touch they are with the kids of today. Scooby Doo is one thing, but something as dormant as Flintstones or He-Man is an amusing choice for a crossover.

Kiddington

Wow.

Suddenly I just imagined a Wacky Races crossover in my head, and I really didn't want to.  >_<

Goldstar

As previously stated, The Flintstones (the original series) only ran for 6 seasons. It only rivals The Simpsons in longevity if one adds up the many spinoffs/specials/knock-offs of the original series.

I get that people have been wanting Warner Brothers to do something new with The Flintstones, but a crossover with the WWE? Seriously? It's been years since I followed wrestling, but things change so fast in the pro-wrestling circuit that by the time this movie airs some wrestlers depicted in it will have switched sides, been fired or quit, and the project will already seem dated since animated projects have to be produced several months in advance.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!