Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm gonna look at my old list and see how my predictions are doing. Bold is confirmed. Italic is who I expect are obvious.

QuoteMario
Link
Kirby
Samus
Donkey Kong
Fox
Pikachu

Yoshi * obviously still waiting for Yarn Yoshi reveal or something
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff

Bowser
Peach
Zelda

Ganondorf
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Ice Climbers

Pit
Diddy Kong
Wario
Metaknight

King DeDeDe
Olimar

Pokemon Trainer *New Pokemon?
Wolf
The Villager
Little Mac

New Fire Emblem rep *No word on Ike, so if he doesn't come back I expect a new replacement
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo *New form, new movie, was in Melee
Palutena
New Pokemon
Surprise retro character like Takamaru or Mike Jones
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii
Mega Man
Sonic

Pac-Man
Obviously I added the latter ones after they were already revealed, but I still missed three.

Lucario
Toon Link
Rosalina

I don't see Captain Falcon, Ness, or Jigglypuff being revealed until the game comes out like they were in Brawl. Ganondorf I hope they haven't shown because he's being revamped. Game & Watch and Ice Climbers are fairly obvious fan favorites and Wario, Metaknight, and Diddy Kong seem like obvious carry-overs. The real question is what they're going to do with Pokemon characters. We already technically have more potential Pokemon characters than any other series. Pikachu, Lucario, likely Jigglypuff, likely Mewtwo, possible Pokemon Trainer, which already makes 5 representatives. Will it also get a new representative? If so, it's going to have more characters than any other series by a landslide.

My list already has 36 potential characters, so the roster already beats Brawl's as it is. I don't think any of the characters I listed will be cut, and we still need more new characters to even the balance to make it more of the sequel it needs to be.

I'm going to make the guess that the final count will be 40 characters.

The last four characters I'll make a guess for should be Palutena, Dixie Kong, a new Pokemon, and the last is either a Mii or a character like Isaac from Golden Sun. As a whole I think that would make a good roster. The reason I'm not sold on Mii as obvious is because The Villager took most of the moves that would make sense for him to have. As it is, the Mii doesn't have much potential that would warrant inclusion outside of background appearances.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Little Mac was by far my most desired new character to have. Now that we have him, I'm pretty much good. I still have my characters I want to see but anyone new to the series after this will just be icing on the cake for me.

Spark Of Spirit

I expect Diddy Kong to be revealed soon (because of DKCTF and all), Metaknight (to quell "overpowered" concerns), and Yoshi for whenever Yarn Yoshi comes up again, but I would actually prefer they reveal nobody else until release. More surprises would be nice this time since the Brawl updates spoiled about everything in that game before it came out.

Unlocking Ness and Luigi were two of my favorite Smash 64 moments as was learning about Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, and the Ice Climbers, when first playing Melee.

My biggest surprise with Brawl was R.O.B. and that wasn't all too big a deal.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I actually expect it won't be long before Yoshi's reveal, what with Yoshi's New Island coming out soon.

Spark Of Spirit

And Diddy has been confirmed.

So yeah, I expect Yoshi to be revealed on New Island's release day as well.

I do hope Dixie is still a possible character, though. It would be a shame if Donkey Kong doesn't get a new character slot.

gunswordfist

Mega Man will be in the game?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The Boxing Ring stage has two designs.

I hope you can choose between them because I want Punch-Out remixes when I play the stage.

Spark Of Spirit

Man, the one problem with Smash games is that they are usually unable to incorporate the newest game into the series as a stage.

Wing Ding as a stage and track for DKC would be the first awesome stage Donkey Kong could get in the series. Shame it'll probably be another generic Jungle level with yet more water gimmicks.

Eddy

I'd love to see a Tropical Freeze stage based off the silhouette levels where the characters would just be silhouettes except for key colors on them (DK's tie, Mario's hat and shirt, Samus' visor, etc) but I know that will never happen. It sure would be awesome, though.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, the Waluigi debate is over. He's officially an assist trophy again. It's not much of a surprise but I'm sure some people will be disappointed.

I wonder which other Assist Trophy characters will return untouched.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 28, 2014, 04:09:05 PM
Well, the Waluigi debate is over. He's officially an assist trophy again. It's not much of a surprise but I'm sure some people will be disappointed.

I wonder which other Assist Trophy characters will return untouched.

I will sit here and laugh because I'm a dick like that.

I bet Resetti and Goroh return unchanged at least. No real reason to remove either of them.

Spark Of Spirit

Is it odd that I wish Sakurai would include all the Smash 64 stages as unlockables? I mean, it's easy new content and everything and having none in Brawl was a real disappointment.

I have been wondering about the soundtrack, though. How can they really top Brawl's? About the only loss from Melee was that they dropped Fourside. Can you really top Corneria (SNES), Yoshi's Island, Gangplank Galleon, Stickerbrush Symphony, Butter Building, and even the Melee soundtrack included. It's just hard to imagine what else is really left to add outside of a handful of tracks. Hopefully they don't lock the music to one stage this time. At least lock it to franchise if they must.

Eddy

I'm hoping we see a comeback of some stages from all past Smash games. As for the music, it's going to be hard to top Brawl's. They had dozens of composers working with them on Brawl's soundtrack. Are they going to do that again?

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 07, 2014, 04:19:20 PM
I have been wondering about the soundtrack, though. How can they really top Brawl's? About the only loss from Melee was that they dropped Fourside. Can you really top Corneria (SNES), Yoshi's Island, Gangplank Galleon, Stickerbrush Symphony, Butter Building, and even the Melee soundtrack included. It's just hard to imagine what else is really left to add outside of a handful of tracks. Hopefully they don't lock the music to one stage this time. At least lock it to franchise if they must.

I liked Melee's soundtrack more than Brawl's. :blush:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 10, 2014, 07:16:32 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 07, 2014, 04:19:20 PM

I liked Melee's soundtrack more than Brawl's. :blush:
I'm all ears.