Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Please be real please be real
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

Sweet merciful shit yes please be real.

EDIT: ...It's on this parody account. :(

https://twitter.com/SmashBros_Nin

Avaitor

Well that's what I  get when I don't do my homework.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Talon just died.

This is the most amazing idea EVER.

Buuuut, it's fake.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I thought someone important died for a second.

Spark Of Spirit

So, apparently, according to the person who leaked most of the newcomers (except Rosalina), the final three newcomers that were not on the initial list are Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Isaac.

I think I would be okay with those as last newcomers if true.

Shulk, Chrom, and Marshall (the Rhythm Heaven character), are the other three yet to be revealed (It's almost certainly going to be Shulk revealed next week) which means we have 5 left to be revealed.

Would everyone be okay with those reveals if they came to pass, or did you want something else?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

He shouldn't have said anything about Ridley so the ensuing shitstorm could've been huge.

The only real bummer is the lack of an Advance Wars character. The wars series has been around since the 80s, the fact that it keeps getting shafted is pretty bothersome. Overall, the newcomers are a much better crop of choices than Melee or Brawl's so I'd be okay either way.

gunswordfist

I thought that series debuted on gba

LumRanmaYasha

Fire Emblem characters Lucina and Robin have been added to the roster. Also, Captain Falcon was confirmed to be back, but we already knew that.

Spark Of Spirit

So this puts a hole in the leak. I can't complain, though, I wanted Robin more than Chrom.

I'm surprised they revealed Captain Falcon. I wonder if this means Jiggs and Ness will be revealed before the release date, too.

VLordGTZ

Robin looks pretty cool.   :) 
I still hope Shulk ends up being playable, though.

Spark Of Spirit

I'll do my fun little roster check now.

CONFIRMED

All were directly confirmed by the site and reveal trailers.

Mario
Link
Kirby
Samus
Donkey Kong
Fox
Pikachu
Yoshi
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Bowser
Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Marth
Pit
Ike
Diddy Kong
King DeDeDe
Olimar
Zero Suit Samus
Greninja
Charizard
The Villager
Little Mac
Robin
Lucina
Palutena
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii Fighters (3 in one)
Lucario
Toon Link
Rosalina
Mega Man
Sonic
Pac-Man

Not confirmed, but will be in:

Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl veterans that still haven't been shown yet. There's no reason to drop any of them at this point, they'll be in.

Ness
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch (No slot on the site yet? Weird.)
Wario
Metaknight
Wolf
Falco (Yep, I think they're both returning now)
Lucas (Same here)

Strong possibilities:

Characters that are fan favorites, have not yet been shown off, were in the making for Brawl, and were in the leak/have enemies for Smash Run. I think any of these characters are incredibly likely.

Mewtwo (Almost in Brawl, highly likely)
Dixie Kong (Almost in Brawl, likely)
Isaac (The only assist trophy from Brawl not to be shown off. I wonder why?)
Ridley (I'm throwing a bone here with all the teases)
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven enemies were in Smash Run, he was in the leak)
Shulk (Monolith Soft tease for the last trailer is suspicious, he was in the leak)

Total
36 currently confirmed
45 character roster minimum at this point
52 if I'm right on everyone in the likely list

That would be an awesome roster if it happens.

You know what's odd? I think we've barely seen any stages so far other than the ones that were at E3/Smash Fest.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I never thought I'd see the day Fire Emblem would have more reps than most of the series featured in the game. This is a beautiful day.

Spark Of Spirit

Sakurai's recent post on Lucina seems to confirm that clones will be coming back because they're easy to make since it only takes readjusting values to make them unique.

So expect Falco, Wolf, and Lucas to return. They're not getting cut.

Just don't expect Pichu.  :P