Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, I forgot my biggest complaint!

At the menu after the game starts up: THERE'S NO ANNOUNCER YELLING "SUPEEEER SMAAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRRRS"!

How did they leave that out!?!?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 01, 2014, 10:57:10 PM
Oh, I forgot my biggest complaint!

At the menu after the game starts up: THERE'S NO ANNOUNCER YELLING "SUPEEEER SMAAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRRRS"!

How did they leave that out!?!?
I shall blame the same person who failed to include a voice growling "THE EVIL WITHIN" at the start of that game...

Nel_Annette

So, is there supposed to be a certain mode I need to play to get CDs to spawn? I've been playing nearly every mode except for the orders and I have not seen a single CD drop in a stage.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Nel_Annette on December 02, 2014, 12:47:52 AM
So, is there supposed to be a certain mode I need to play to get CDs to spawn? I've been playing nearly every mode except for the orders and I have not seen a single CD drop in a stage.
Master and Crazy Orders are the easiest ways to get CDs.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Foggle

Foggle

Kiddington

Welp.....the amiibo situation is pretty much just as rotten as it gets; look at some of these prices for figures that were released mere DAYS ago. Literally any character, even new releases, that isn't Pikachu, Mario, Peach or Link is becoming nigh impossible to find at a reasonable price.

So disappointing to see Nintendo bungle the hell out of this in the way that they have; it's like the concept of supply and demand in the US means absolutely nothing to them. Aaaannnnd there goes my collection.

Spark Of Spirit

Top 10 Best New Stages in Smash 4:

3DS

1. Rainbow Road
2. Spirit Train
3. Prism Tower
4. 3D Land
5. Magicant
6. Mute City
7. Arena Ferox
8. Dream Land
9. Balloon Fight
10. Gerudo Valley / PictoChat 2

Wii U

1. Jungle Hijinks
2. Mushroom Kingdom U
3. Wuhu Island
4. Wrecking Crew
5. Mario Circuit
6. Orbital Gate Assault
7. Woolly World
8. Pilotwings
9. Duck Hunt
10. Mario Galaxy / Garden of Hope

Actually, as a whole I'm really please with the new stages in the two new games. About the only new stages I didn't like were the 3DS version of Gaur Plains (too small), the large stages outside of 8-player Smash, and Pyrosphere (too boring, even without Ridley) which is not much at all. Sakurai knocked it out of the park with stages this time, he really did. I just don't understand why Magicant and Mute City couldn't have carried over to the Wii U version.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I have to disagree with some of those choices.

Spirit Train is awful. The design of the stage is not suited for battles, the hazards are obnoxious and unpredictable, and the arena shifts offscreen so frequently that I won or lost so many of my matches just because the blast zone sneaks up on you. Not to mention the floor is even more dangerous than Big Blue, it's just a clusterfuck of design.

Wrecking Crew is visually stunning, but another pain in the ass to fight in. It's the Tomadachi Life stage with bombs, and you end up getting all your momentum halted just because you try to run past them.

Orbital Gate Assault is an eyesore and another stage where its impossible to tell what's going on. Especially the part where everyone fights on top of 3 Arwings. The fins are so small and hard to see that I fell through them once in every match I fight in that stage.

Aside from those, the list is pretty fine, I'd move some of them around and add Coliseum and Kalos Pokemon League in there somewhere.

Spark Of Spirit

I guess I'm just the type that enjoys moving floor design like Big Blue and Spirit Tracks. It makes me have to pay much more attention.

As for the other two, I can see not liking them. But Wrecking Crew, I just have a lot of fun with. Especially luring others into traps like the bombs. It makes for a great party stage.

Coliseum and Kalos Pokemon League were other great stages I considered putting up there. Honestly, it was kind of hard picking a top ten. Unlike Melee I like most of the stages, and unlike Brawl, the best stages don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but Sonic is like one of the best characters in the game. Yoshi is not far off. Of course everyone knows about Diddy, but Sonic and Yoshi, man... I personally have a tougher time against them. The game is pretty well balanced, but if those three don't end up top tier I'm going to be very surprised.

In other news, for some reason Ness and Luigi are the best they've ever been. It's weird not to have to struggle to KO with Ness and also weird to have Luigi able to KO so early. Not complaining, though, since I do main them.

Wish Kirby could have got buffed more, but I can't hope to ever get Smash 64 Kirby back. He still hits pretty hard, anyway.

Rynnec

Yoshi is so beast in this game, hands down the best he's even been since Smash 64.

Meta Knight, on the other hand, has been hit with the nerf bat hard. Most of his Brawl combos don't work anymore, and he barely has any reliable kill moves and Dimension Cape still leaves you in a helpless stae, and of course there's the removal of gliding which severely limits his maneuverability.

Spark Of Spirit

Metaknight is a sad case. Dedede too, I think. Kirby characters got hit pretty hard in Smash 4, but at least they're no Melee Kirby or Brawl Ganondorf. I think that might be Mii Swordfighter's role at this rate.  :sweat:

My biggest disappointment is Dr. Mario. I've tried, I just can't use him. The tornado is awesome, but it's his only good move. Mario does everything else better. Of all the characters I used with any regularity, the doctor was the worst.