Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I think Mario's RPGs in particular don't get the recognition they deserve. Knowing Nintendo, if we get any RPG character they'll probably add Paper Mario before any original characters.

As for RPG themes, the battle themes are the obvious choices:

Super Mario RPG - Normal Battle
Super Mario RPG - Boss Battle (My favorite general Boss theme in any RPG)
Super Mario RPG - Armed Boss (A sub-theme for Geno)
Super Mario RPG - Final Boss (Perfect for Bowser's Castle)
Paper Mario - Koopa Bros. Theme
Paper Mario - Final Boss Theme
Super Paper Mario - Brobot L Theme
Mario & Luigi - Battle Theme
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Mario & Luigi Theme (My favorite normal theme)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Final Boss

Most of those were even done by the same composer.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

There's a reason why Yoko Shimomura is one of my favorite composers.

Spark Of Spirit

I think Geno almost made Brawl but the rights fell through at the last minute. It's the only explanation as to why Mushroom Forest was removed. Hopefully they get him this time, he is a highly requested character. He was even in Mario & Luigi so he's not totally out there:

Quote from: Eddy on May 03, 2012, 05:04:30 PM
There's a reason why Yoko Shimomura is one of my favorite composers.
Awww yeah. Live A Live is one of my all time favorite video game soundtracks.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

If they can use his likeness in Mario & Luigi, I don't see what's stopping them for being able to use it here (cameo or otherwise).

What was the holdup with Brawl, exactly? I assume Square still owns the rights to the Super Mario RPG crowd, so did they just not want to play ball or what?

Spark Of Spirit

Square co-owns Geno, I believe. As well as everything in SMRPG. I think that's why Nintendo got most of the team for that game (who then made the M&L games), but the SMRPG stuff is still co-owned.

I'm guessing they couldn't get the go ahead in time.

Eddy

I'm really hoping Geno makes it into the next game.

Another stage that might be interesting is one based on the forgotten Wii game, that never made it to the US, "Disaster: Day of Crisis". The stage would be set in a chaotic city street and the players have to avoid an onslaught of natural disasters like earthquakes, tornadoes, lava, and a tsunami wave. Some music choices could be the main theme of the game and Crisis City from Sonic Generations (both Classic and Modern).

Spark Of Spirit

Whoa. A Lot of picks.

When it comes to Zelda, since we got a remix of Dark World, Death Mountain/Forest, The Great Sea, and Gerudo Desert I'm pretty well stocked for its music.

Kiddington

Quote from: Rynnec on May 04, 2012, 12:43:46 AM
Pokemon

Gen I Champion Battle

I still can't believe they haven't found a place for that one yet.

It'd be so perfect for this series. It's been on my music wishlist since Day 1.

Rynnec

Yeah, Zelda was pretty well represented music-wise.

Quote from: Kiddington on May 04, 2012, 12:59:27 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on May 04, 2012, 12:43:46 AM
Pokemon

Gen I Champion Battle

I still can't believe they haven't found a place for that one yet.

It'd be so perfect for this series. It's been on my music wishlist since Day 1.

Same here. Any of the champion themes would be perfect for SSB.

Eddy

The next Smash Bros. should have a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage because that would look amazing.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm showing my age with this one, but whenever I think Pokemon I think this and this.

Quote from: Eddy on May 05, 2012, 02:47:15 AM
The next Smash Bros. should have a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage because that would look amazing.
Along with a Wario Land Shake It stage. IMO, with the Galaxy games those are the best looking games of this generation.

I'm a sucker for the obvious "main" themes and battle themes, though. It's probably why my favorite Fire Emblem is this despite not being anything crazy or off the wall.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Okay guys seriously, you need to try Project M.

I've been playing it solo for a while, but I got a chance to try it with more friends yesterday and today and it is easily one of the best ways to play Smash Bros. There's so many new things and so many improvements that it makes me a little sad that the full roster isn't even available yet.

Nel_Annette

They need a Paper Mario stage with the audience doing random things. XD

Spark Of Spirit

So it seems like Bandai Namco is helping Nintendo in production of the new games. I still think it will be a good long while before we hear anything about them, however.

Quote from: Nel on May 25, 2012, 09:26:33 PM
They need a Paper Mario stage with the audience doing random things. XD
As long as the audience is filled with characters from all the Mario RPGs in the paper style. That would be a neat touch.