Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/super-smash-bros-wii-u-characters-2/

New moves eh? Does this mean a new moveset entirely, or just new moves added to their previously existing movesets?

Eddy

New moves are welcome. I assume Mario's moveset will be based around Galaxy/NSMB and he'll probably drop the useless FLUDD attack. Link will probably be based around Skyward Sword.

Oh yeah, I also want this song in the next Smash.

Spark Of Spirit

I would hope this would mean running B attacks, and separate aerial and ground Up and Down B attacks.

FLUDD needs to be an item. I have no idea why they made it a move for Mario.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Likewise, Poltregeist should be an item as well.

I'm also hoping for multiple Final Smash's for each character.

Spark Of Spirit

SSB64 is the Club Nintendo game for the next few weeks. 200 coins.

Just a heads up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Spark Of Spirit

3DS Smash Bros. will be at E3 (with the Wii U game)

QuoteThe game system itself is complete, so we don?t want to make it 3D or introduce complicated controls just for the sake of it. However, I am thinking of ways we can introduce a slightly different, fun experience all the while keeping the usual frantic game play.
O0

Kiddington

Spark Of Spirit

Rynnec

SSB4 will strike a balance between casual and hardcore.

This is for the best. It'll be impossible to please both sides, but both sides should just suck it up and deal with it.

Also

QuoteAnd what about returning characters? I knew Sakurai wouldn't want to get too specific?Nintendo likes to announce characters for their big mascot fighting series with a dripfeed of news on the Smash Bros. Dojo website?but should fans expect all of their favorites from Melee and Brawl?

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters.

"So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."

:shit:

Spark Of Spirit

If that means less clones and the removal of characters like ROB and Snake then I'm fine with it.

But it's nice to hear that the 3DS version will have the same line up of characters.

Rynnec

I'd hate for Star Fox and Mother to get under-rep'd again though.

I like ROB though, and I think Snake's moveset or at least his general playstyle should return, even if the character himself doesn't.

Spark Of Spirit

I'd like Ganondorf to get an actual moveset that has something to do with him, too.

Honestly though, the only "clone" I would keep moveset-wise is Luigi since that's his whole schtick. If they can't change any other clone movesets then they should really drop them. It's just wasting space at this point. Like if they got rid of Ike (or his moves) and kept Falco it would really feel like a total waste to me.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2013, 04:18:36 PM
If that means less clones and the removal of characters like ROB and Snake then I'm fine with it.

But it's nice to hear that the 3DS version will have the same line up of characters.

:devil:

Rynnec

I wouldn't mind Wolf keeping his moveset either. His attacks are varied enough from Fox's that he could get away with it, just change his Final Smash.

Another idea I had for the clones is to make them alternate outfits and share the same slots with their originals. Like Dr. Mario would be an alt for Mario,  Masked Marth could be an alt for Marth, just with a different voice and such, and so on and so forth.

On the whole though, I don't think both versions having the exact same roster is that good of an idea if it means the other would have to suffer.