Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I did enjoy their Simon Belmont and Little Mac inclusions, but the rest were a bit shaky. Tetris Man was just lame.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 14, 2013, 05:42:32 PM
A Square Enix character is Smash Bros? Hmmm... How 'bout Geno?   :humhumhum:
They actually pick Sora, Geno, and Crono for Square characters. I wouldn't turn down either of the latter two, but Sora has no place in Smash Bros.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Sora wouldn't make sense because KH is primarily a Sony-related franchise.

That's like adding Cloud in. Just because they're popular, does not mean that they have a history with Nintendo. At least Snake marginally fit since the original Metal Gear games were on the NES.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Geno is a lame character. .3.

Rynnec

#10. No. I don't mind "WTF?" characters, but there are more deserving candidates than a freakin Tetris Block. A Tetris stage, on the other hand, would be nice. And keep the Yoko Shimomura remix of Type A.

#9 Would definitely would be a welcome addition. Honestly, I just want him to have another playable appearance period.

#8. Meh.

#7 Would be a very good choice. Especially with Megaman and Pit in the game. ;)

#6. Sora would no doubt have a great moveset potential, but he's more fit for Sony Smash Bros. If Square Enix were to get a rep, a Black Mage, Crono, or Cecil would be far more appropriate.

#5 Would be pretty amusing, and fitting. The idea of Pit, Megaman, and Link changing their appearance on his stage sounds beyond stupid though, alternate skins would be way better.

#4. Yes. All of my yes.

Not sure what to think about #3.

#2. I'd love for P* to get a rep, and Bayo would give the series more female representation too. I'd be all for it if they can tone her down without losing her edge.

#1. Good choice, but I thought this list was covering third party choices?

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 14, 2013, 05:55:35 PM

Bro, thems fightin' words. :srs:

Nel_Annette

Spark Of Spirit

A Tetris stage, assist trophy, or someone's final smash would be fine. A character? Uh, no.

Comparing it to Wii-Fit Trainer and Mr. Game & Watch makes little to no sense. Considering they're actual characters that have been in popular and important games.

Characters like Layton would be cool for assist trophies, but as a character would be a bit thin.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 14, 2013, 05:55:35 PM
Do you think Waluigi should be in the game?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Rynnec on July 14, 2013, 05:57:50 PM
Bro, thems fightin' words. :srs:

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 14, 2013, 06:05:44 PM
Wanna wrassle?  :thinkin:

Knew I'd get some reactions with that. :sly:

Geno is an average character with a standard characterization and an undeserved cult following.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 14, 2013, 06:12:32 PMDo you think Waluigi should be in the game?

Waluigi is built like a stick. The man would get wrecked in that rustle.

Nel_Annette

After finally playing SMRPG, I came to the same conclusion that as a character, he's pretty dull and I really didn't get all the hype. Hell I think the whole game's kind of dull, honestly.

But it is a cool design. I'd welcome him or Mallow, whose weather powers might be cool to use.

Spark Of Spirit

I think Geno and Mallow could be interesting characters for a game like Smash. They might not be my idea Square choices, but they would be an interesting choice of characters.

It's not like they'll be putting in any other Mario RPG characters any time soon.

Rynnec

I'll only accept Waluigi if he does this.

Eddy

I want Geno to be added because I'm a huge fan of SMRPG and I think Geno has the potential for a really unique moveset.

I have no idea why so many people want Sora in the game. Yeah, most Kingdom Hearts games have been for Nintendo handhelds, but I still don't think he has any place in a Smash Bros. game. I can think of a plethora of third party characters, Square Enix and otherwise, that deserve to be in before Sora.

A Tetris block is a dumb idea for a character. A Tetris stage or assist trophy, on the other hand, would be pretty awesome.

I also found this video of these guys from Games Rader saying characters they think are going to be cut. Some of them baffle me.

Characters like Ike and Lucario I could easily see get the cut but Marth? He's the original Fire Emblem lord. There's no way they're cutting Marth. And ROB? He has a unique and original moveset. It would be a waste of a good character to cut someone like him. And, while I can see Lucas getting cut, I don't know why they seem to think Lucas was just "slipped in" by some Mother 3 fans. SSB is made in Japan where the EarthBound/Mother series is HUGE. That's why Lucas was in Brawl.

Also, I would absolutely be okay with having Waluigi. I love Waluigi because he's pathetic. Brawl in the Family has helped.

Silverstar

Pac-Man could be a cool addition, especially the version from Disney XD's Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. There could be random Power Berries scattered throughout the stage, which Pac could use to assume the various forms he takes on the show, and a Pac-World stage would be awesome. The drawbacks to that idea are of course that Pac-Man isn't a Nintendo character (he's Namco) and in terms of fighting style and abilities, Pac would just be another Kirby: a short round dude who takes on various powers by eating stuff.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on July 14, 2013, 05:54:45 PMSora wouldn't make sense because KH is primarily a Sony-related franchise.

So was Solid Snake. That didn't stop them.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on July 21, 2013, 06:40:29 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 14, 2013, 05:54:45 PMSora wouldn't make sense because KH is primarily a Sony-related franchise.

So was Solid Snake. That didn't stop them.
Eh, like I said earlier, Metal Gear at least has a bit of history with Nintendo.

Plus, unlike Kingdom Hearts, MGS doesn't suck is more or less Konami's most important franchise.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

That Kingdom Hearts game on the GBA says otherwise.