Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Back to Waluigi for a sec, but he's always been a major player in Mario sports titles, so why he hasn't shown up in Smash yet to this point is a bit mystifying. You'd figure that if anyone's due...

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 24, 2013, 09:21:15 PM
Dr. Mario, Pichu, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf might have been the most disappointing unlocks for me in the series. Not for the characters, but for their lousy movesets.

Seriously, it would make sense to add Geno, Paper Mario with partner abilities, Fawful, or any of the other RPG characters.

Now these two I would absolutely be down with. Fawful goes without saying, but the Paper Mario idea is really cool; it'd be a way to get a whole new set of faces and abilities in there without necessarily giving them their own slot (Goombella, Bobbery, etc.). Just tie them all to a Paper Mario-esque character; it'd make for a far better alternate than we've seen in the past with the likes of Ganondorf, Kid Link, etc. that are essentially just dumb-downed clones of already better existing characters.

No Geno though. Admittedly it's been too long since I've played SMRPG for me really care about those characters, but I'd rather they delve into the Paper Mario series more first; I've always had a stronger preference for those games anyway.

talonmalon333

Oh right... Geno... What did that guy ever do to warrant a fanbase?

Kiddington

Beats me.

...but see again, therein lies the problem; I haven't played SMRPG in probably close to 10 or so odd years, so it's really hard for me to evaluate that one in comparison to, say, anything from the Paper Mario series. Or the Mario & Luigi series for that matter.

I have it laying around here somewhere, I guess I should make a point of playing it again.

Spark Of Spirit

He was one of the best characters in the game. The Mario/Geno/Toadstool party is pretty unstoppable.

Nonetheless, I know he has a huge fanbase and was almost in Brawl, so he's probably more likely than a lot of other characters in the RPG games.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

He also had a pretty cool moveset that would be a welcome addition to SSB.

talonmalon333

Maybe he was a strong character in battles (I honestly don't remember), but he had as much personality as a fork.

Eddy

I would be all for Geno being in Smash Bros. He has the potential to have an amazing moveset.

But after getting my hopes up for him being in Brawl, I've pretty much given up hope of Geno ever being in SSB.

Also, Zelda is back! That's not really a shocker, I'm sure we were all expecting her to return. But man she looks great.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm wondering if they removed the Sheik transformation (and made Sheik a separate character) since it wasn't shown off here. But then, they haven't showed Zero Suit Samus either, and I doubt that was removed.

It's weird that they haven't announced Yoshi yet, though. He's the only one of the original roster (non-unlocks) that hasn't been revealed yet.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Geno's considered Square property, isn't he?

Seems unlikely then that he'd ever get in because of that, but who knows.

Eddy

Yeah, Geno is still owned by Square Enix (they even put the copyright information for him in Superstar Saga, where he made a cameo) which makes him appearing in Smash seem pretty unlikely.

Regarding Zelda losing Sheik, I've seen some suggest that Zelda could be on her own and they Skyward Sword's Impa could be added as a new character, basically taking the role of Sheik.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 26, 2013, 12:32:46 PM
It's weird that they haven't announced Yoshi yet, though. He's the only one of the original roster (non-unlocks) that hasn't been revealed yet.

Maybethey're saving him for the release of Yoshi's New Island, or perhaps Yarn Yoshi. Whatever happened to that game anyway?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on December 30, 2013, 01:10:29 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 26, 2013, 12:32:46 PM

Maybethey're saving him for the release of Yoshi's New Island, or perhaps Yarn Yoshi. Whatever happened to that game anyway?
Hopefully still in heavy development, though starting in January it will have been a year since it's Direct reveal. I'm eagerly anticipating it since it's being made by Good Feel and I hope it'll finally be a Yoshi platformer worthy of the original one.

Spark Of Spirit

Little Mac has been confirmed. Take that, haters!

Doc Lewis calls out commentary for him and his final smash is Giga Mac.

My most wanted newcomer is here.  ;D

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 13, 2014, 04:04:29 PM
Little Mac has been confirmed. Take that, haters!

Doc Lewis calls out commentary for him and his final smash is Giga Mac.

My most wanted newcomer is here.  ;D

FUCK YEEEEEEAAAAAHHH

Never forget Punch-Out!! being our Wi game of choice way back then. Can't wait to Star Punch the ever loving crap out of everyone.

Rynnec

All we need now is Golden Sun, and a second Kid Icarus rep, and we're set.

Oh, and the worlds most badass videogame character needs to be playable too.